My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

GoodBye Hawaii!

Well this is my 100th post which is kinda crazy! When I started writing about my wedding planning back in Fall 2011 I wasn't sure where all of this would end up. I am so happy I started it though bc in 20 years I can look back and read and remember things I probably otherwise would not. I just want to thank every single person who reads my posts whether you are 1 of the 14 followers I have or you read off my facebook page. I know more than 14 people read this thing so if you are a private follower-Thank You! Not sure if anyone is tired of reading about Hawaii but it is time to say goodbye to our lovely honeymoon. I haven't decided yet if I will go back to updates on our house building process bc I left that hanging in the wind a while ago. Whatever it is I hope you all stick with me! Back to Hawaii




On Friday evening after our day at Pearl Harbor Pioneer had a fancy evening planned for us. It took place in the same ballroom that we had seen the wedding reception taking place in days earlier. We had a very nice 4 course meal served to us. Honestly with the way everything was set up it felt like a wedding reception just without the bride/groom & bridal party. Their was a bar set up, band, dance floor, and a stage set up for the magician/comedian. The entertainment guy was funny. He had a few lame jokes but for the most part we laughed quite a bit. Rhett snuck back to our room and brought down the fruit/malibu mixture we concocted in our ice bucket. Remember the pineapple he stole from our 1st dinner....I cut up a mango, a couple oranges, and the pineapple and submerged it all in malibu rum & fruit juice. Delicious!!!  Let me tell ya it was pretty hard cutting up that pineapple with out my normal cutting board and sharp knife. I had to call room service and get a plate & something other than the plastic knife we had. All our friends at our table enjoyed the fruit. We even handed the last little bit out to some random people bc I didn't want it to go to waste. It was a great night!



Saturday was going home day. Check out was at 11 and our flight wasn't leaving until 8 pm that night. That was a big bummer. Thank goodness the hospitality room was set up. Their were also 10 rooms set up incase people needed to shower/change after spending time outside at the beach & in water. If interested in a room you had 45 minutes to use it. We spent a little time outside lounging so I did end up using one of them. The rest of our day was uneventful except when getting our luggage checked at the airport my bag got flagged. The guy wanted to know if I had anything sharp in my bags??? What? I said well I have some coconut purses. Well earlier in the day I had bought some awesome tanning lotion. Not even thinking straight I just tossed it in my carry-on bag. Of course it was bigger than 3 oz which is the limit for carry-ons. I was practically crying bc I did not want to lose my lotion. It ended  up getting tossed. Once we reached our gate at the airport I realized our seats weren't even next to each other. I was seated directly in front of Rhett. Oh boy my mood turned sour pretty quickly. I knew I was being crabby about it but I was not looking forward to an 8 hour flight sitting in between 2 people I didn't even know. The flight was overbooked too. Eventually after hiking the dollar amount high enough as bribery 2 people were set to take a later flight the next day. Once seated on the huge plane Rhett asked the young woman sitting next to him if she would switch me. Luckily she was traveling alone and didn't mind. Thank the lord!!! I was so excited and happy. The flight home was much better than any of the others. The plane was a lot larger and had a tiny amount more leg room. We also had a large t.v. screen directly in front of where we sat so that helped. Sleeping was still difficult but I think we both managed to get a little bit. We had a short layover in Chicago and then home we went!

Here is the last pic we took on the balcony from our room.
 It only took 3 attempts and this was the best one.


All our luggage!! Just a bit more than what we came with. Lots of extras to take home!!

Hanging out waiting for the day to pass!

Very last picture of the trip. In Chicago's airport eating breakfast.
Waiting to go home to our doggies!!!!!!



Overall we had the best honeymoon ever! Better than I could have even imagined. Thank you for letting me share it with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment