My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Belly Week 27

Belly Week 27
The weeks are just flying by so fast. I had 5 wonderful days off and celebrated my 28th birthday. I honestly can't even remember everything I did since that was well over a week ago. I took my glucose test checking for gestational diabetes and I passed. Yay!!!!!!!! I don't know why I was so nervous I wouldn't pass but for some reason I was. The drs. office had said just to fast for 1 hour prior to the test. After speaking with multiple mothers who have already gone through this they all suggested I fast after midnight and take test in early am. Typically every day when I wake up I'm hungry immediately so I knew the whole not eating was going to suck big time. It worked out to go to Sparta (where I work) drink the nasty stuff and then get some stuff done in my department. I had the fruit punch and thought it tasted like strong cherry medicine. Just thankful it came back normal and I will not be doing the 3 hour test as many people have to. I had my 7th dr's appointment at the O'fallon office. It took quite a bit longer in that office than it ever has in Belleville. I met Dr. Carter and she was very nice. Blood pressure and weight were good. I had gained 20 lbs as of that appointment. In my pregnancy week by week book it says for week 28 normal weight gain is 17-24 lbs. Gaining the weight hasn't bothered me too much. (yet) I am already anticipating the process of losing it all after our little girl arrives. I plan to breastfeed so won't be able to do the 24 day Advocare right away but I am going to do it. After my appointment Rhett & I headed to South County to Babies R Us to register for the baby shower. I was a little unsure how it would all go with him along but overall it was just fine. I'm glad we did it together. Immediately he commented how bored he was and wished he wasn't there. Soon after it started being fun and we were enjoying ourselves. In the end I was exhausted, starving, overwhelmed and ready to get the heck outta that place. I got lots of ideas and suggestions from many mothers. Thank You everyone for that! One thing Rhett suggested while looking at the bigger items (stroller, carseat, high chair) was to get gender neutral. I do believe that was a good idea. On the second go around if we have a boy I don't want pink/purple everything. While filling out the paperwork in the beginning of our trip Rhett was wandering around on his own. Later he told me that he was in the swing section and literally had every single swing wound up & going. Like a kid in a candy store! He purchased a mattress for the crib. I think that was considered my birthday present. lol That and him going along because I know he "really" honestly did not want to go. What a good hubby & daddy already!! I felt like the stoller & carseats were def the most difficult things to choose.I should have done some major research ahead of time. In the last week I have also gone to Wal-Mart and registered there. Sparta had a crap selection of everything but I have been adding items online. I have also done many changes to the babies r us registry online too. Once we were done registering we headed to Shoguns for some yummy sushi & hibachi grill. When they seated us with people we didn't know my first thought was oh man this stinks. Boy was I wrong! We had a fantastic time and everyone was so nice. How boring it would have been sitting by ourselves. Their was no way we could eat everything so we had yummy leftovers. Huge thank you to my wonderful husband for giving me a great (day before my) birthday!! Sunday evening we went out to eat at Lisa's in Rocher with my parents and sister. Thank you for the great meal and all the gifts! (especially those star kisses from DQ) I even got a free piece of blackberry pie.
Notice the trend here everything has to do with FOOD!! Lol
Tuesday my actual birthday was a relaxing day and in the evening we had a small party at Rhett's parents. Margaret and I share the same birthday so I was extremely pleased they were back from out west and got to spend time with her. Thank you to Erin & Meg for new tennis shoes and my coat rack from from my inlaws!! Crazy to think how quickly things change through the years.

26th birthday-got engaged
27th birthday-planning my wedding
28th birthday-preparing for baby girl
Holy moly!!!!

Next year for my 29th I will probably be chasing my kid around like a crazy woman.
I also enjoyed some time with Tess, Claire, Maggie, & Max. They all came over and swam in our lake. Love all these little boogers to pieces. They were all so good and I had such a good time with them!


 
 


2 comments:

  1. Registering is SO overwhelming!! Congrats on passed the gestational diabetes test! With Brody I didn't pass the 1 hr one and had to do the 4 hr one - passed that one, but my arms where bruised for days - PTL I passed the 1 hr one with Brooke! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I was so happy that I didn't have to do the 4 hr. I about died of starvation doing just the one hour. lol Glad you passed the 1 hr with Brooke!!

    ReplyDelete