My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, January 16, 2014

2 Months old update!


It's a new year and this household now contains a 2 month old. Whoa!!! Can we please rewind the clock and slow everything down. In less than a week I go back to work too. Not looking forward to it  at all. My only comfort is knowing that Ms. Lainey will be thoroughly looked after and loved by her Grandma while I'm not at home. I was blessed to have a stay at home mother and am so happy she will be caring for my child now. The month of December was pretty exciting. Lots of snow meant many days of being cooped up in the house snuggling with my baby girl. We went through a bout of stubborn diaper rash. I finally figured out that Lainey's little bum and tomato based foods don't agree with each other. I learned how to use the breast pump and began building up a stock for when I return to work. Her sleeping pattern at night changed to 4-6 hour range. Such a happy happy girl in the morning and loves playing under her jungle gym. She just kicks her legs like crazy making the music play. Allie gave us a musical turtle for Christmas and it is very entertaining as well. At around 7 1/2 weeks I decided to make the switch to cloth diapers. After a month of using them everything is going well. We are being green but let's face it the real reason I switched is bc they are sooooo cute. Ha! I don't even mind the extra laundry either. Huge thank you to Devon for selling me her whole cloth diaper collection. I have since bought a few new ones too ( not that we needed them bc we already had around 40). At 7 weeks Lainey had her first bottle from Rhett while I was at kettle bell class. He said that she did just fine with it.

 

 


We had a great Christmas Holliday with lots of family time. She pretty much just slept through the festivities. I imagine next year will be a different tune by then Ms. Lainey bug will be walking and getting into EVERYTHING! At the Simpson Christmas party Rhett & I were Joseph/Mary and Lainey was baby Jesus for the annual play. That sure was fun!!!! People often comment how long Lainey's fingers are. She holds her head up well when placed on tummy and loves standing while Rhett & I hold onto her. The mobile in the crib and musical stuffed animals entertain her quite well. I think the changing pad is probably one of her favorite places to be. Another new thing during month 2 is the lip pucker when upset and fussing. I call it her fake cry bc it honestly is. But it is soooo sweet. It's so hard to believe that we created this tiny human and she is just perfect to us in every way possible. What a journey it has been so far.










No comments:

Post a Comment