My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Growing up

The other day I was in the post office and Lainey was playing a game of hide and seek behind the rack of bubble wrap/mailers. The postal worker asked how old she was and when I replied 2 years 8 months she said oh my I thought you were going to say 3 or 4. I am happy I can still say 2 because just the thought of her being  3 & 4 makes me sad. When she turns 4 will she still say things like, "Tuggle (snuggle) me Mommy." "Your my best friend." I have no room left at all in her baby book to do monthly updates so here we go for the last couple months. My pretzel/noodle obsessed girl has had quite the busy summer so far.

First and most importantly we got a puppy. Cocoa Rainbow is the newest member of the family. I have taken to calling her Loco Cocoa lately. She is a sweet puppy and enjoys getting into Lainey's toys a little too much. It has been good practice for the baby teaching Lainey we don't choke the puppy and picking up her toys. Sometimes she calls the puppy her baby and even gave her a stroller ride one day. Drake (Cocoa's Daddy) who is 7 years old plays very well with her. Ammo (14 years) pretty much ignores her. He does let Cocoa lick his ears though. That is something Dakota used to do on a regular basis so its a positive! Mommy, Daddy, & Lainey went to the movies to see Finding Dory. I think that is her 3rd movie so far. Complete with popcorn, slushy, and m-n-m's overall it was fun. On the way to the theatre she fell asleep so we ended up buying tickets for an adult movie. Right before it was to start Lainey woke up so we hurried to switch screens and got lucky finding seats in the very back row. We attended a Cardinal's game (tickets courtesy of Rhett's boss). The seats were great! Very close and the evening weather was perfect. I think we may have spent more time getting food, going to the bathroom, and rearranging seats but it was a fun night. Thanks to Allie & Avrie for coming with us.


We attended a Mommy & Me cooking class at Eckart's. This consisted of blackberry picking and learning 3 new recipes. Lainey was a pro blackberry picker but we probably will wait until she is a bit older to go back for another cooking class.


One day my Mom asked if I had ever posed the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I actually had never asked this before so I went ahead and asked. Of all the answers to receive I did not think my child would respond a "Hunter". I thought this was a pretty funny answer. We do have dead animals mounted everywhere in our living room so I shouldn't be surprised. I'm pretty sure her Daddy thought it was a cute response. We attended the 4th of July parade/picnic in Steeleville. We didn't end up with much candy other than some flavored tootsie rolls since Lainey was very timid about picking it up. She pretty well stayed glued on my lap the whole time. Honestly it's probably better off too. Less sugar for her and me! At the picnic we had a huge moment when she rode her first carnival ride. We had done a carousal ride before so I'm not counting that. She has always been so shy and reluctant when it comes to bouncy houses, monkey joes, any type of ride including the small ones at Wal-mart. This is a kid that is in love with her trampoline and jumping. She stated that she wanted to ride the cars with Avrie so I thought we would give it a shot. Surprisingly it went awesome and I was the crazy Mom going ape shit crazy taking pictures, video, smiling from ear to ear, and waving to her. All Avrie wanted was to ride the orange motorcycle. Bless her heart because she settled for the blue car with a partner.Thank you so much to Allie for having her ride with Lainey because I don't think she would've done it by herself the first time. A bit later she did indeed ride it by herself though. She's growing up and getting braver!


In the evening we went to Valmeyer for fireworks and although last year she enjoyed them this year she did not. She stated that she only liked the little ones. Recently we have made good progress with the computer/baby rooms and this also meant changes for Lainey's room. The mattress for her toddler bed got moved into the baby's crib which meant we needed to purchase a full size mattress. Let's be honest though she currently sleeps with us. Now that she has a full sized bed in her room the goal is to get her in it. She was extremely excited about converting it into the "big girl bed". It really makes her room seem so much more grown up. Not sure if we will change the theme of the room yet or just buy solid sheets and pillow cases for now. Proof that she really did sleep in it by herself for a few hours!!!


This girl is loving the water this summer. We have made one trip to the OFallon splash pad and hope to get back before baby arrives. She has also enjoyed the sprinkler, pools, and swimming in our lake. Between Rhett getting sand delivered-Jaimee & Will bringing back a ton of sea shells from Florida we have our own little beach.



Lainey and I spend quite a bit of time together just the two of us but she & Daddy also have their own one on one time. Lately they have been going to feed the pet deer at Grandpa Simpson's. They also are the produce pickers from our garden. One Sunday morning while I was at work I received the sweetest picture and message from Rhett. It said "Someone wants to go to church." Typically she #1 never wants me to brush her hair. #2 would probably prefer to stay in underwear rather than get dressed. #3 waking up early for something is a struggle #4 refuses to let me take her picture without bribery. Not for big Daddy! He said that she hopped right out of bed and totally cooperated. After church they went to breakfast at Lisa's with my parents. I don't think it gets any better than that. Seeing your husband being an involved and loving father is truly wonderful. Looking forward to the next chapter in our lives with little Bon Jovi arriving.

                                               
                                                  We enjoyed celebrating Bailea's 1st Birthday!!!!

                                                  Lots of Fun Time spent with Grandma Gina!!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment