My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Love & other things



Pinned ImagePinned Image
love!
Well folks I am back after a little time off! I was so embarrassed after sharing my game camera photo op I had to take some time to recover. Haha Just Kidding! I actually have been slaving in the kitchen canning every chance I get. I am officially finished with all my jars for the wedding favors. Ended up with a total of 151 which really bothers me because it's an odd number. (That is how crazy ocd I can be) I might just have to give away a jar of strawberry jam to even it up. Canning is quite easy just time consuming. My worst fear is that I might have jars that don't seal. Happy to say all 151 sealed tight! Typically when you have fresh jars you don't have any problems. I ended up making 3 different recipes of salsa which was pretty fun doing the different batches. I def want to make some more peach jam & a raspberry/habanero jelly (similar to pampered chefs) but I may take a month or two off. Today I focused on the shower/reception guest list. Since Meghan just got married I was able to steal her excel spreadsheet of names & addresses so that has helped a lot. Still need a few addresses but basically can cross that off the list of things to do.

My sister asked me for some important dates in our time together so I know what that means... games at the bridal shower! Yay!! I put together the games for Meg's shower and they were so fun. She also asked me for a picture from every year Rhett & I have been together. I take a lot of pictures (I am my mother's daughter) so most of them don't include me. I already have a picture board for the reception put together so I was able to steal a bunch of it. Finding the pictures is one thing...figuring out what year they go with was another. Overall it wasn't too difficult and I think I only need 2009 and all done. Note to self:  from now on take a picture of Rhett & I every year so in 20+ years at our anniversary party we have an abundance of them!

My dress is already in at David's Bridal so I need to go pick it up one of these days. My sister, Erin, & Brooke went to an alterations lady to get their dresses altered. Next Monday we are doing our engagement pictures. (Please cool off!!!!) I have a feeling it is still going to be sweltering hot and that is going to stink but oh well. I have been telling myself to look online for cute poses but I have not been doing it. I still have 1 week nothing like waiting till the last moment. I have been talking to the travel agent about our honeymoon!! Getting very excited about seriously going to A.L.A.S.K.A  Can't wait to see glaciers, whales, salmon, and cool temperatures!! Rhett is now going to Canada before the wedding not afterwards so lets hope he makes it back on time in 1 piece. 

We are happy happy happy that Justin (Rhett's dad) is home now. He was in the hospital for 15 days so everyone is thankful he is back to good ole St. Leo's. We love you!! Last Friday I babysat some of the kids and also took Brooke to her orthodontist appointment to get her braces removed. (TEAR) She looks so grown up now. So not like a 13 year old. I feel like she has had them on forever. Last night when I was going through old pictures I found these and more tears. Love these girls so much!! Yes I am the embarrassing auntie who busts out all the old pictures!!


                                                               

                                         Everyone please pray for cooler weather!! Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment