My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Shenanigans

We got RAIN!!!! Approx 3"  Thank the lord! It is so nice having a happy farmer to live with rather than a sad disappointed one. This weekend was just wonderful in the fact that we really had no plans at all. Normally I have a list to timbuktu of things to do or I am stuck at work so no plans was just lovely. Rhett's father is in the hospital in St. Louis (has been there 1 week today) so Friday we headed up for a visit. I made some food to take along and we loaded up our goodies & some odds/ends items that they needed. Rhett & I are absolutely horrible at driving in St. Louis and once we got to Waterloo I realized we forgot the garmin. Oh Boy!! We called and got some directions from his sister, we also noticed the sign that said "hospital next exit" but yet we still managed to miss our exit. As I looked to the right and said oh look their is Missouri Baptist and we are driving right by it. Ahhhhhhhh Good thing he works only 1 minute away and I only have to drive to little Sparta because we don't do well at all in the city. We did eventually get turned around and reached our destination. We had a nice visit for 3-4 hrs and Erin's peach shake even survived the trip with out totally melting & Justin was able to enjoy it. We are praying every day that he gets well soon and is able to come home. On the way home we enjoyed supper at Red Lobster.


Saturday & Sunday consisted of cleaning, canning, cooking, wedding details, & just hanging out together. I totally organized our spare bedroom that contains all my wedding stuff. It literally looked like a tornado had come through so it was time for some cleaning up. I found some more mason jars in the shed at my grandma's house. They were filthy dirty so I ran through the dishwasher & good as new! I now have all my mason jar arrangements totally finished. I also have been busy canning a lot. I have 30 peach jam & 30 strawberry jam done & the 50 zucchini relish. Once our tomatoes turn I will do about 50 salsa and will be finished. My goal of being done by end of July will actually come true.



Rhett brought the staple gun home for me and helped put together these.


I bought these frames (50% off ) and then stretched the chalkboard fabric across the back and he stapled it on. Now I can write something fun on them with chalk and they will be hanging behind our head table at the reception.  

To refresh your memories I found this on pinterest so I am making my own version. Excited but nervous at to how this will all turn out. 
Pinned Image
I really wanted to buy a cute cake topper off Etsy but for $30 ugghhhh I decided to make one of my own. I used a cheapo $1 wooden letter and already had the purple ribbon and came up with this.... Rhett was kind enough to drill 2 small holes in the bottom to shove the sticks in. Turned out pretty good! I know I already had the deer cake toppers but I wanted something different for both receptions. 


I plan on making our arrangements soon for our engagement pictures so I have been scouting places to take them. I have a few ideas so getting very excited for that! We also need to sit down with the travel agent and get our honeymoon set up!! I keep meaning to call about both so hopefully by the end of the week I have those 2 things set up. 

Just for giggles I will fill you all in on the wonderful things that happen when you live with a hunter. Rhett has a game camera that gets set up in the woods and takes pictures of the animals. This way he can kinda scout what hangs out in the area he plans to hunt when season rolls around. So he decided to make sure it was working correctly before taking it out in the woods and hanging. It was set up in our dining room on 1 of the wooden beams about 2 ft from the floor. It was flashing like crazy all night taking pic after pic after pic. The next day after I showered 
(now remember I live in the country & the only way to my house is down our lane) 
I was walking around the house totally nakey. Just be bopping around the kitchen doing some stuff when the thought did cross my mind about the camera. Surely he had turned it off....no flashing was going on. Whatever I thought & I eventually got dressed and went about the house cleaning. Later that day while Rhett is on the computer looking at all his pictures......Uh huh naked pic of my behind. Guess that baby doesn't flash in the daytime. Oh my totally mortifying but at least the only person to see it was my soon to be hubby. He thankfully deleted it right away for me.
 Def will be a good story for the grand kids way way in the future.

Pinned Image

1 comment: