My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, December 20, 2012

We have Walls!

Once our basement had a ceiling and our main level had a floor it was time for walls to start going up. This is when everything starts looking very real and rooms begin forming. The square footage of our house was originally 1784 sq feet but we added on a small mud room so it is really ended up being like 1800ish. Adding the small room took away a portion of our porch but I am sure glad we did it. This is the little room where our keys, dog leashes, & random items hang from the coat rack. (never coats) The room that holds shoes, hunting crap stuff and other random items at any given time. Sadly it is also the door that everyone comes in through. Dakota also thinks this door is her own personal door bell. She enjoys scratching at it whenever she is ready to come inside. Ahhh Bad habits!! We just got a shock collar for Drake for hunting purposes but it may come in handy for other reasons. Our lovely front door rarely ever gets used. I bought the cutest doorbell. If you can't tell it is a doggie paw print. I can probably count the number of times on both my hands that it has been rung.

I can remember when they marked out the lines for our house thinking "that's it! geez that is nothing". Then when the basement was dug thinking "holy smokes it's huge." Then once the concrete was poured and forms removed it was back to looking even smaller. Once the rooms started being formed with interior walls that really made a difference. The space for the bathroom looked itty bitty. It is absolutely just fine and has plenty of space. Amazing the way it changed daily. 
 Marking off between a bathroom and a bedroom. The blue lines show where the walls went.

 Rhett with his brothers and father. Hard @ work!
Setting up our back bedroom wall.


Dining Room/Front door area
   
On a different note just have to say Hello weekend!!! I am off for the next 5 days. I do work on Christmas day but only for a very short period of time. I plan to thoroughly enjoy lots of family time all weekend. I just made my brother a cheesecake for his 19th birthday which just happens to be tomorrow. Happy Birthday sweet Alexander! Here are some great pictures from younger years! 



Alex, Me, Andrew, & Jaimee
Love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment