My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, June 17, 2013

Boy vs Girl

Belly Week 20
 
Halfway through this crazy ride!
The week when most normal people find out what the sex of their baby is.
I'm not gonna lie I may have known before week 20 what our little dumpling is but I will just leave it at that and fast foward to the official reveal for each and everyone of you!
Lets see what our friends & family have been thinking all along.......
All my friends thought GIRL & all my family thought BOY.
I have heard people say they have hunches or just had that feeling and knew eactly what they were pregnant with. I never felt extremely positive about it but I just had that tendency towards thinking boy.
First & foremost I have always prayed and hoped for a healthy baby.
In the beginning of my pregnancy I secretly hoped for a girl. I imagined seeing her as a cheerleader just like mom & grandma were. Curly hair with bows & ribbons, cute pink outfits, and make-up. What girl doesn't imagine having a little girl of her own.....When Rhett started to get more excited & into me being pregnant I then began hoping for a boy. I could see him taking the little guy fishing, hunting, farming. Passing on traditions that his Dad passed on to him. These were all just things I thought and imagined in my head.
It did cross my mind that not finding out the sex could be fun and such an awesome surprise at the birth of our child. Seriously though who am I kidding.....no way in the world I could prepare for this child not knowing. I am too much of a control freak to not know ahead of time. Plus since telling our family the little babe already has a hefty pile of the cutest baby clothes in the closet. Thank you Aunt Jaimee for everything you have bought so far. I know you are a huge bargain shopper but still you have gone above & beyond!! My Mom & Allie have hooked us up too!
I am not a creative person at all so I looked on Pinterest for ideas for the gender reveal.
I love to bake so cupcakes just seemed like the way to go for me! Having a party with all of our close family & friends would have been my first choice but also impossible. Summer is such a busy time and so difficult to gather everyone at once. I decided to do some 1 on 1 delivery and Rhett even helped me!


I decided on white with a surprise on the inside! Chocolate icing on top to hide any color that may have snuck up to the top-which happened on most of them. We met Erin, Jake, & Cole at lunch for Tequila's and I brought the cupcakes for desert. It was so so fun to see her bite into that cupcake and then know whether she was going to be getting a niece or nephew. After tequila's we went to the Red Bud hospital and gave Meghan her cupcake. The best part was that Rhett & I were doing this together! She called Jason and put him on speakerphone to share in the fun too. I met up with my Mom and went to Erin's to tell Brooke, Madison, & Margaret. Such fun with each person to see the different reactions! I knew that I would not see my sister for a few days and I just couldn't wait to tell her so Jake helped me call her and reveal the news. I also delivered some to Tracey, Darla, my cousin's softball game, and took the remainder to work. I planned to deliver my 2nd batch to others but managed to burn them to a crisp! Good ol pregnancy brain!
 
Everything with my ultrasound went well. Baby looks great weighing in at 13 oz @ 20 weeks along. Lots of movement including being able to see the hiccups happening in my belly. The femur measured 21 weeks 2 days so it looks like this child may be tall......Head, abdomen, and femur averaged together measured at 20 weeks 2 days which is right on target. Kinda hoping this shin dig happens on October 31st. How fun would that be to have a birthday on Halloween!
In the last few days I have started to feel more movement which is so exciting! Driving home from work & laying in bed watching t.v. I felt the little wiggle worm. Such an odd sensation to feel inside of you but def awesome!
I know I have been droning on forever and ever..... I'm probably driving you bonkers so drumroll please
(insert your own noise here)
I apologize to anyone in these pictures but you know with me it's fair game once the pic is taken & on my camera!!

 

 

 



 
It is a little hard to see in some of the pics so just in case you haven't figured it out yet!!!!!

 
PINK SNO-CONE FOR MY BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: