My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Hump Day!

Belly Week 30

All I can say is exhaustion has kicked in 24/7. I am always tired but also never go to sleep early enough. Always so much to do and never enough time. I imagine this will get 10 times worse once our little babe actually makes her debut in the outside world. Week 30 held another very scary moment in our lives. Rhett & his father were in an accident when driving home from their Missouri farm. Another vehicle pulled out right in front of them and caused the wreck. Thankfully they were both ok but tractor, trailer, truck, 4-wheeler, and everything in the bed of truck was ruined. The other man was airlifted from the scene so hoping everything turned out ok for him as well. Talk about 2 wrecks too many in one week. Hopefully all of that bad juju stays away from now on. Washed all the newborn & 0-3 month clothes and organized into drawers/closet. One morning woke up with a horrible stiff neck. Several months ago I had some neck issues and it was just as unpleasant this time around at 7 months as it was at 4 months. After some time and a wonderful massage from Rhett's Aunt Kathleen it improved a great deal. My chiropractor was on vacation so couldn't get in there immediately. Thank You Aunt Kathleen!!!!!!! You are amazing. Lots of people keep saying I still don't look very pregnant. Those who are closest to me say they can tell though. When I am showering and I look down can still see my feet so that's a good sign. I have some nasty spider veins and varicose vein behind my right knee so have been trying to wear compression hose while at work. I am on my feet quite a bit so by the end of the day it looks pretty bad and is sometimes sore. I do not have any swelling so thankful for that. It is a work in progress wearing them. Some days I only make it halfway through before taking off. I do have special glue now to use to help keep them held up and it does work.

Belly Week 31

Rhett hung the curtain rods up in baby room so now we have curtains!!! Yay!! They look so cute. Went shopping for a glider/rocker and that was an adventure. Spent 2 hours trying to decide on what I wanted at babies r us and finally picked one out. Went to check out and just my luck (out of stock) until at least Sept 22nd. I was beyond frustrated and ticked. My patience was just a tad thin at that moment. Thank you mother & sister for putting up with me! We went across the street to Ashley Furniture and literally within 10 minutes had picked out exactly what I wanted. It was even $13 cheaper than what babies r us had and way more comfy. I am looking forward to picking it up Saturday & can't wait to see it in the room.



I also went shopping for maternity clothes. Allie & Avrie were kind enough to join me on that adventure. I sure do have amazing family & friends because shopping with me is not always a picnic. I am quite picky and it takes me 20 minutes to pick out a greeting card so clothes & furniture......use your imagination. We went to motherhood maternity and it was very successful. I got some pants, shirts, dresses and a jacket. Trying to decide which outfit to wear for my shower Sunday will be fun. At first I was getting a little nervous and was about in tears. Eventually things started clicking and I was liking what I tried on. The fun part was that Allie and the young woman working just kept handing stuff into the changing room. It was like they were my personal shoppers. When Allie was pregnant last year and had shopped there the same girl helped her so that was neat. Overall fun experience. Then we went and pigged out at the Bread Co. which was amazing as always!!

I am looking forward to my shower Sunday and can't wait to see friends & family!!!!!
Can't wait to fill you all in on the details.



Drake hanging out with Belinda!


1 comment:

  1. Did you guys decide on Belinda the name?!?! :-)If so ... its CUTE

    ReplyDelete