My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Little Social Butterfly



28 Weeks (It was a busy one!)
We went on Lainey's first official field trip. Aunt Tracey asked if we wanted to tag along with her & Maggie and who says no to a field trip. I even took the day off of work which made it that much better. Big thank you to Megan for covering for me. Although it was a cool rainy 60 degree day for May The Butterfly House was nice and toasty. We enjoyed looking at all the pretty butterflies/plants, rode on the carousel, and played on the playground. Instead of eating our packed lunches we opted for Imo's on the way home. (or as Maggie would call it Finding Nemo pizza) I guess to a 4 year old Imo and Nemo sound quite similar. She is such a sweetie! The time finally arrived for Rhett to put up the baby gate at the top of our stairs. Our little crawling machine started venturing down the hallway so safety first. Moved the walker around like crazy at Grandma's house. In the past had only ever moved backwards but not anymore. I decided to bring up walker from basement and just like that up and down the hallway, around the island, chasing the dogs. Good thing we have lots of wood flooring. Gave Ms. Lainey a sippy cup for the first time. She understood concept of picking up with both hands but not getting it to her mouth. Now at 33 weeks she is a pro and loves water! I typically only give to her when she is getting solids. For 6 1/2 months this child has tolerated all the hair bows on her head and now that is growing up in the world she has discovered how to rip them off! Before having a baby I used to look at the huge hair bows Moms would place on their kids and think how ridiculous they looked. Now I am guilty of being that Mom! We love hair bows in our house. Daddy even says she looks so cute with the bows. My Mom kept telling me that Lainey was getting her balance and taking a step. But of course it's always when Mommy is at work. I was in denial anyway and said no way she's not doing that. Later in the week lo and behold she took 3 steps and I actually got to witness it. Jaimee was over too and we were all cheering her on. They were extremely ungraceful but they totally count. I have a feeling once she is really walking she is not going to slow down for a second.


29 Weeks
 This particular week it was like I flipped a light switch and boom Lainey began sleeping well again. What an awesome moment when I laid her in her crib holding my breath that she would stay sleeping and guess what.....she did. Yay!!!!! I also began covering her up with a crochet blanket from cousin Donna Parrone. Thank you we love it! Lots of giggling all the time now. Such a sweet sound to hear. Had a play date with Sarah & Brooke Blind. The kiddos just kinda stared at each other and we adults visited. Eventually in the future they will play together! We had a fun time. Aunt Nancy, cousins Kelsey & Jen, Aunt Jaimee, and Grandma P all came for a play day. It was fun having visitors at our home since all her toys are here and she was in her element for sure. Showing how she plays with all her toys, having a swim in her new baby pool and eating avocado like a big girl. Thank you all so much for coming over because we had a great time. Went on a sushi date with Aunt Erin, Aunt Meghan, & Brooke. Man this week we had lots of fun time with family & friends! My sweet niece little Brookie (not so little anymore) drove us to O'fallon and she did well. It was her first time driving somewhere with distance. I know I have said it before but these kids just grow up so fast. When Rhett & I hooked up Brooke was only 2 and now she is driving her Mom & Aunts places. CRAZY!!! In 15 years I will be shedding tears when it's my baby's turn. Rhett had an extremely busy week and literally went 3 whole days not seeing Lainey awake. She would still be sleeping when he left and by the time he got home from work asleep again. Poor things I don't know who it was harder for him or her. (I'm pretty sure it was worse for him) When they finally got to reunite lots of smiles and happiness.



30 Weeks (7 Months)
Celebrated the big 7 months!!! I enjoy taking the sticker pictures at the end of each month and putting them in the baby book. Grandma Simpson had her last day of school forever. She is now retired. I work out every Monday & Friday at Design Fitness and this week she helped me out with watching Lainey. My Mom watches her Tue-Thurs when I work so this gives her a bit of a break too. We attended a graduation party for my cousin Jennifer Bailey. She is now officially a college student. Also hard to believe she has grown up so fast. Lots of fun swimming in the big pool and visiting with family we don't see often from Missouri & Colorado. Instead of just scraping her teeth on the bed posts our little bug now enjoys doing it on the glass coffee table in our living room. It totally gives me the heebie jeebies when I hear that sound. New foods this week included peas which went over just fine. Feeding solids is actually enjoyable now. We had a play date at Allie's house with Avrie and several cousins. Fun Fun Fun! Lainey enjoyed playing I mean chewing on all of Avrie's toys. Thank you for having us and feeding me supper!! One evening I decided to try and get Lainey to walk behind a push toy that she has. I had tried a few weeks before but she just tipped the thing backwards. Our little mover showed Mommy & Daddy. To my surprise she took off pushing it and did quite well. After she did it once we of course had to try again for the video camera and then again for cell video and then again just for fun! What a joy it is seeing our little angel conquer new challenges. She is definitely keeping us on our toes!















No comments:

Post a Comment