My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, June 2, 2014

Watch me grow!!



And just like that...........We have a 7 month old. Holy Crap the days are seriously just a blur. I can't even remember the moments where she just laid still in my arms or on the floor. First I'm going to rewind a ways back because several weeks have come and gone since my last post.


 
25 Weeks (aka almost 6 months old) 
 4-24-14 Lainey pulled herself up at the couch for the first time. She then discovered how to do it in her crib as well. Time for Daddy to lower the crib because I was scared to death she was going to fall out.. It honestly could probably be moved down again now weeks later. Started solids at the end of the month. I have decided to make my own baby food and its so simple. My mother in law has a little hand grinder she used for all of her children and she let me borrow it. How awesome is that using the same little contraption for baby and Daddy. Rhett was armed with the video camera & camera while I attempted to get at least 1 spoonful of banana in her mouth. I am almost positive more food ended up getting spit out than staying in her mouth. Very eventful & messy! In addition to banana we have know conquered avocado, carrot, sweet potato, green beans, and apple. Favorite by far is avocado and least favorite green beans. She acts like she is gagging every time I try the green beans. Lainey attended her first wedding (Rhett's cousin Monica). We had fun in the photo booth and attempting to eat dinner as she tried grabbing every single item within her grasp was interesting. I'm still figuring out the whole one handed thing. This kid was a wiggle worm oh my! She did not want to sit still at the table so we spent most of the evening hanging out in the corner so she could crawl around freely. Also does not sit still anymore while getting her diaper changed. The one day she almost rolled off the changing pad. (Mother of the year here) Grandma Phegley found first official tooth. I'm going to contribute any unusual fussiness to it. Definitely had days of that especially in other people's vehicles.


26 Weeks (6 months old)
Found another tooth now both bottom middle ones have come in. Soooo tiny and cute. My Mom found this one also. I guess I don't stick my fingers in my child's mouth often but Gma sure was checking it out. At this point in time she was constantly pulling herself up and started letting go once standing up. It may be only a few seconds of free standing but it was happening. Ms. daredevil!! Along with this came lots of falling down and a few bumps/bruises. It just makes me cringe thinking about it. Went for 6 month Dr well visit. Everything went fine and just a little crying after shots. Length 27.5" 96th percentile, Weight 15.9 lbs 56th percentile, head circumference 15.75" 5th percentile. After the appointment we visited Aunt Meghan's new office. She works on the same floor where we go to Dr so always make it a point to stop in when there.
 


 

27 Weeks
Lainey rode in a shopping cart like a big girl for the first time @ Wally World. Since she has enjoyed numerous trips to IGA. It's like a little field trip for her checking everything out, gnawing on a head of broccoli, smiling at everyone she encounters.

Favorite toy is definitely this one

 

A gift from Aunt Jaimee and & Aunt Nancy. A very inexpensive resale and best money they have spent yet! She loves pulling up, smacking around on the buttons, and falling down. Repeat over and over and over and over. You get the idea! My comment has been good thing she has squishy diapers to guard that flat butt. (She gets it from her Daddy!!! ) I feel that I have an easygoing kid but it seems like every few weeks their is one thing in particular that she dislikes with a passion. At this point in time it was getting strapped in her car seat. Good gracious that was horrible for about 2 weeks and then it just stopped one day. She loves sucking on the armrest of Daddy's recliner chair. My Mom said wait till she punctures a hole in it with those two teeth. Ai yi yi! She now weeks later enjoys scraping her teeth on her crib furniture. Sleeping at night still not a fun time. At times I would be so tired that she ended up just sleeping in bed with us. That is something I swore I would NEVER do! It is amazing how things change and you really should not say "I'm never doing that." I don't mind sleeping in my comfy recliner but it kills my neck so I try not to do it. We had a fantastic Mother's Day weekend. I was off work for 4 days which is always refreshing. My sister & I had a fun day of shopping at Cotton Babies. I wanted to get a diaper sprayer for Lainey's cloth diapers. They also ended up having nursing bras (in my size). Hallelujah! Next door was a doggie bakery so we hit it up for treats for Ammo & Drake. I'm a total nerd but seriously it was the best shopping trip ever. I just kept saying over and over how great it was. Jaimee was probably thinking I need to get out a little more often. It really doesn't take much to amuse me! When I got home from shopping Rhett had done all the yard work including mowing everything. Awesome!!! I typically mow and it takes like 3-4 hours depending on speed. It wasn't even Mother's Day yet and I was so thankful for all these wonderful gifts. On Sunday we attended church at the convent and afterwards spent some time at Rhett's parents house just enjoying the day. In the evening my Mom came over and the day was just complete getting to spend time with her. She so generously gave me several gifts which she did not have to do. One of them was a cute mug with little pictures and names for Lainey, Ammo, & Drake. I instantly started crying #1 because I loved it and #2 I was just sad my sweet Dakota's name was missing. I think that is the first personalized thing I have received as a gift since she left us. It still hurts all the time. Speaking of the doggies....Lainey absolutely loves them so much. She just smiles and giggles at every single thing they do. Even if all they are doing is chasing a Frisbee!

 
 Helping Mom clean the pantry. Not very excited about it!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment