My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Big Decisions....

The next thing on the agenda was to pick out an engagement ring and wedding bands. Every time I told someone that I was engaged immediately they wanted to see the ring...no ring yet. That is a bummer because you want to show off that finger! I was nervous to go ring shopping but very excited. I had absolutely no idea what I wanted at all. If you know me well then you know I am UNDECISIVE!! (about everything) When I am trying to decide what to order in a restaurant it takes me forever and you def don't want to be with me in the card aisle at Wal-Mart. Rhett wanted to look locally first so we went to a local jewelry store. Their wasn't a large selection which made it difficult. I didn't want to look in a book and I def didn't want to design it myself. I just wanted to see the ONE and I would know that it was right. Their was a nice ring but nothing screaming pick me!! We decided it would be best to look elsewhere before making a decision. It's funny how some things never even cross your mind or pay you any attention until its right in front of you. Like when we were building our house and it was time to pick the shingle color for the roof. I have never in my life looked at the roof on another person's house until......I was checking out the roof on every single house I drove by. Same with the ring I had to check out every one's ring at work, family, and random people. One weekend after I got off work on a saturday we drove up to Fareview Heights to shop and spend some moolah. Rhett does a lot for me and always gets me great gifts but not really ever jewelry. He did get me a pair of dangly gold earrings for my highschool graduation and they came from Kay's Jewelers. We entered into the mall at Sears. Every man's dream...tools, tools, and more tools. I think he was stalling. LOL Eventually we made it Kay's and the search began. The only requiremnt I had for the ring was for it to be yellow gold. This is what I got!!
Def not what I exepcted to like and pick. I totally changed my tune once I started looking at them. The yellow gold just wasn't cutting it for me and neither was any cut other than the marquis. I love the marquis! I kept putting this particular ring on and it just felt right. The ring at the local jewelry store was also a marquis.It's kind of akward when the sales person is standing right there and your trying to make this big decision. They prob work on comission too so of course they want you to buy buy buy. Of course this ring was bigger and more expensive then the previous one we looked at so what to do...We decided to buy the ring and then would go compare to the other one I liked. We had like 30 or 60 days to return for a full refund so why not. Off we went to Red Lobster to celebrate our purchase. My fingers are fat so of course the ring didnt fit on my ring finger only my pinkie. I was so excited I put the ring on my pinkie anyway.  While we were eating Rhett says, "I can't believe you are going to eat with that on." Then I said, "Well at least I didn't get crab legs." Def didn't want to risk getting it dirty from those stinking crab legs. We are so stupid. LOL It is just a ring!!!!!!! But it was so shiny and new and fresh we were both being so anal. Long story short I went to compare with the other ring and their was no comparison at all. The ring from Kay's was perfect and was the winner!! I kept sending pics from my phone to everyone and their brother showing it off. It had to be sent off to be sized and finally after what seemed like two months I got it back. Let me tell ya I was nervous to wear it to work. Heck I was nervous to wear it at all. I think every 2 seconds I would double check and make sure it was on my finger. Doing mammograms was a little bit of a challenge at first too. Lol I did't want to poke anyone's boob out with my new ring. Now it is couple months later and its all good. I am still pretty anal though. I always take off to shower, sleep, lotion, do my hair anything that would get it dirty. I constantly take it to get cleaned too. I'm sure eventually I will slack off with all this but not anytime soon. Oh and of course I wanted 2 bands (one for each side of the engagement ring) so I get 1 when we get maried and the other whenever Rhett wants to gift to me. Can't wait!!!!!!


P.S. The picture does not do it justice!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your ring. beautiful!!

    i had a friend who right after she got engaged was like i swear i'm driving down the road and i just want to stare at my ring. i am like crap, i need to look at the road too!! lol. too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take my ring off everytime I wash my hands...I'm anal about it, too!

    ReplyDelete