My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Proposal

Let me take you all back to the very special day that we got engaged...my 26th birthday. Now to some people your birthday may not be a big deal but to me it is important. I mean this is your day!! I always make sure I take the day off of work because honestly why would I want to be there. I want the whole day to be fun and special and spend it with my family. This year my birthday day started off with a little photography session at LC Photography in Sparta. They were holding a special for pets that benefited the human society. I have always wanted to get the dogs professionally photographed so why not. Away we went to our appt Rhett and myself and our 3 babies. Our dogs are typically pretty well behaved so I was praying this would go well. On the way over Rhett says, "Now how much is this going to cost????" Ughh we werent even there yet and he is already wanting to know the price. Of course the sitting fee is a small amount and it is donated to the humane society but then you still have to buy the pictures. We all know that is where you spend your $ when you get these types of photos done. The session went well. We got each dog alone and then at the end a pic of them all together. Totally worth it!! I ended up getting this collage made since I couldn't decide on only 1 or 2 pics.


After we dropped off dogs we headed to Fareview Heights. We hardley ever go to the movies so if we do it is always a treat. We saw Crazy Stupid Love & then ate at Red Lobster. One of my favorites! I don't know why but in the back of my mind all day I was thinking (wouldn't it be great if he took me to a jewelry store while we are up here). Right like that was really going to happen, NOT. We headed back home and made a short stop at the rural king in Swansea. Overall the day was a lot of fun but I was bumming inside. I had it engrained in my mind that today was the perfect day for him to propose but I knew it just wasn't going to happen. Since my sister-in-law got engaged marriage was in my mind a lot more than normal. I was growing to be a little more antsy than I ever had been before. Once we got home Rhett had to go do some farm chores and my Mom was going to come over with some presents for me. It was taking my Mom forever to make it to our house. Little did I know that my sneaky man was down at her house asking my parents if he could marry me. Even after all this time together he still made it a point to ask my parents for permission. You can all sigh now! How wonderful that makes me feel that he respects my Mom & Dad. I still hadn't gotten my present from Rhett either so he then gave me a card. When I opened the card this is how it read: For My Wife
I was confused I said what they didn't have any cards that said girlfriend. What an idiot I am. I open the card read it and OMG it says lots of mushy stuff for my eyes only and ultimately asks if I will marry him. Well OF COURSE!!!!  I keep saying "Are you sure, are you positive, is this for real?" It was so wonderful! I had been waiting for this day for a long time. He said but I don't have a ring & I'm like I don't care!! He wanted me to be able to pick it out myself. All I care about is you asked and I'm saying yes. I immediately had to call my parents who duh already knew and my sister, aunts, and close friends. They were all so excited. The following day was my mother-in-law (we share same birthday) and my birthday party with the Simpson family. I wanted to hold off until then to tell all of them. That was really hard I just wanted to call each and every one of them right away but knew it would be better in person. We went to church the next morning and I got to tell Erin (Rhett's older sister). I think she might have been more excited than me. LOL jk
My mother-in-law introduced me to someone saying our son's fiance! I think she looooved saying that. Remember I have been around for a long time so other than really being official I have called all these family members my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and nieces/nephews for as long as I can remember. When Rhett & I got together Brooke & Madison were 2 years old and 3 months old now they are 12 & 10.

I love these crazy girls! Best nieces ever!!

I ended up being able to tell all of the rest of our family members at the party and that was a lot of fun. I had already called Margaret (Rhett's mother) the night before though because that just couldn't wait. Next thing on the agenda was to pick out the ring. That's a whole other story!! Here is one of the earliest pics of Rhett & I that I can find. Taken at his sister Meghan's high school graduation (May 2001) We got together in March 2001

3 comments:

  1. Awwww...LOVE this! I'm so looking forward to reading about your journey. Day 2 and I already teared up. It's going to be a long 10 months. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cute!!! I'm obviously catching up on my blogs today!! You guys are so stinky cute!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks!! It was def long time coming lol

    ReplyDelete