My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I'm getting Married!

So this is officially my first time writing a post on my blog. I have decided to do this in order to document my wedding planning. I'm not the greatest writer so hopefully I don't get too boring and I may have to steal some ideas from other people's blogs.
                Here we go......For anyone who does not know me personally first I will tell you about myself. I am 26 years old and I grew up in Prairie du Rocher IL. (huge town of like 700 people)  I am the oldest of 4 siblings with 1 sister and 2 brothers. I have 11 nieces/nephews who I love to pieces! My family is large & wonderful. Rhett & I have been together since I was 15 and he was 19. Yep do the math that's a whole whooping 10 years 9 months. We just got engaged in August on my bday!! Best present ever! Although it took us a while to get to the engaged status we have basically been like a married couple for a long time. We have 3 furry kiddos Ammo, Dakota, & Drake. We have lived in 3 different homes and built the one we live in now. People say that if you can build a home together then you can get through anything. I have to say it was a piece of cake so I'm thinking he's a keeper!! Now we I get to plan our wonderful wedding. I think that many people just assume that I had the whole stinkin thing planned already since we have been together for such a long time. So wrong in every possible way. I had a couple ideas in my head but not a lot thought out. Although my sister-in-law got engaged this past Spring so I was getting wedding fever. I do have to admit that the night we got engaged I ordered this online as my cake topper.
Please don't judge. LOL Yes we I am marrying a hunter and I think the cake topper is adorable. I know exactly what I am getting myself into. That's a plus when you have been together for so long you already know how things work. We are not some spring chickens who just met and are getting married right away. I don't honestly think much will change once we get married other than my last name. Now once the kids start coming....that's a whole other story. That stepping stone will come next but not quite yet. Another thing I had toyed with before we got engaged was the idea to do a destination wedding. Rhett & I love love Branson, MO. We have been there probably like 5 times total. One time while visiting we made a little trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. That is where we will be getting married on October 6, 2012. Yay!!! Their is a little chapel in the woods called ThornCrown Chapel. It's amazing and beautiful and perfect! Sorry getting a little mushy but I am so excited to get married there. In October my Mom & I made a trip to do wedding planning and we paid a visit.
 


If you have time check out the website http://www.thorncrown.com/


That's all for now! I worked a 12 hr shift today so I need to go do something productive around the house. Can't wait to keep everyone filled in on all the details.

2 comments:

  1. Know wonder you fell in love with this destination wedding chapel. How absolutely beautiful it is. I love the wedding cake topper. It should reflect you as a couple-darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a blog!!
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE that chapel. beautiful!
    can't wait to see all your other ideas!!

    ReplyDelete