My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adventures in Babysitting



I know it is already Thursday but I have been super busy and haven't had a chance to fill you all in on my awesome weekend. It is probably because I have been spending my time combing through the 800 plus engagement pictures my Mother took of Rhett & I on Sunday. That's right I didn't stutter she took a lot of pictures!!! Now on to Friday night's adventures in babysitting. Erin needed to take Brooke & Madison school supply shopping so Rhett & I watched the boys all evening. Jake & Cole are seriously the sweetest cutest funniest little boys in the world. I might be a bit partial bc they are my nephews but oh my they are so good. I love spending time with them. Friday night I also started my batch of sweet cinnamon pickles. They are a lot of work but everyone enjoys them especially little Coley Boley. It is a 5 day process to make these pickles. They are also supposed to be red but this year I got creative and made them purple. Anyhooo I had to clean, peel, remove the seeds, and cut the cucumbers. I had told Jake we could go swimming so once I was done cleaning the veggies we headed out to the lake. Even though it only has 4-5 feet of water an almost 2 yr old & 4 yr old don't care! Jake was a crazy man swimming everywhere trying to catch baby frogs. He loved it. Cole & I kinda just floated around near the dock while he repeatedly kept saying BUBBLE. So cute!!!!!!! I wish I had a little voice recording of it. After our swim we ate some snacks and hung out on the front porch searching for more frogs. Most evenings Rhett has been noticing 2 frogs (1 who he has named kimmy) hanging out. The dogs don't even mind the frogs, they just get ignored. He enjoys catching bugs and then feeding them to the frog. (Yes I am talking about my 30 year old fiance not the 4 yr old) Jake thouroughly enjoyed meeting kimmy too. He squeezed and squished and his hand got peed on. Heaven for a little boy!

After making Jake wash his hands and come inside to give the poor frogs a break we had a near mental breakdown. All of a sudden Jake was crying and sad missing his mommy & daddy. I tried soothing him with a chips
ahoy cookie (the blue bag kind). He said "my mommy has the softest choc chip cookies." (The red bag kind) Of course that is not what I had!!!!!!! He was soooo sad. I was seriously laughing while taking these pictures. What a horrible aunt I am. After a bit he was fine and decided to watch the frogs through Rhett's binoculars. What a wonderful evening!!
Saturday we went to an auction during the day and in the evening had our family birthday party at Margaret & Justin's house. After the party I hung out at my mom's house for a few hours. This is when my sister (best MOH ever) showed me all the great stuff for my bridal shower. I know you are all probably groaning now. Yes I wanted to see everything!!!!! I am not real hip on surprises so I was just fine with it. She even sewed me a pink veil for the bachlorette party. Amazing!!! I think she has managed to keep a few things a secret though. Erin also made my invitations but I will share that another day. They look great! On Sunday we attended church with Margaret, Justin, Erin & the kids, Meg, Jason, my Mom, & sister. At the end of the service it was a little Father Clyde & Cole show. Cole had snuck up on the alter and was interacting with our priest. All eyes were on him for probably like 5-10 minutes. I can't even begin to describe the whole ordeal bc it was just precious. I wish I would've had a video camera to capture the moment. If you were there you know how sweet is was. After church we took our engagement pictures. I will post about that another day! We also went to the melting pot in the evening with our friends Allie & Brandon. It was delicious and a fun evening. Monday was my actual birthday and it was spent very low key. Went with Rhett to the dr, rode with Margaret to Carbondale to pick up tax papers, and went to kb class. Overall what a fantastic busy 4 day weekend!!
                    I bet little Avrie loved that dessert at the end of the meal!!!!!
                                               Can't wait to meet her!

1 comment:

  1. those pics with him and the "blue bagged" cookies are so cute....but I have to agree with him the red bagged ones are so much better! :-)

    ReplyDelete