My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Friday, August 17, 2012

Bling Bling Goose Band Ring

In the last week we have gotten some important items checked off the looooong to do list.

#1 Purchased a ring for Rhett

I knew he wanted a ring similar looking to a goose band so I did some research online. I was just very hesitant to order an engraved ring with out him being able to try it on. What if it didn't fit, he didn't like the width of the ring, or if the quality was poor. Too many what ifs. One of his friends got a hunting themed ring so they gave us the info and we went to Marion to check it out at The Jeweler's Bench . Now I am sure he probably won't even wear this ring most of the time because as a farmer it will get filthy dirty/ruined but maybe I'm wrong. The wedding is really only a little over a month away so I kinda waited till the last minute on this one. The ring will be ready for pick up on October 5th (Friday) as in DAY before the wedding. My brother lives in Lawrenceville IL and will have to drive through Marion on his way so he is going to be the hero and most likely pick up. Unless.....it is ready on Thursday and I will gladly drive down and pick up. I hinted how wonderful it would be if they could have it ready a few days earlier so we will see what happens. Overall Rhett & I are both very excited to see the finished product.


#2 Picked out tuxes

I have been saying for the last few weeks how we need to go pick out the tuxes for the wedding. Rhett has just been extremely busy and we had not gotten the chance to go but we finally did. Yay!!! Getting this done just made me feel so much better. We went to Twyla's Flower Shop in Red Bud. The ladies were very nice! This is actually the mannequin they had on display and we both liked the tie/vest color & print so that is what we picked! It is amazing how many different shades of purple exist. It works out perfectly when your sister in law lives right across the street and you need a color swatch of your bridesmaid dress. One phone call later and my niece walked it right over so we could compare to make sure our colors match as closely as possible!!! Thanks Brooke & Erin!! Instead of making the guys all rent a tux a 2nd time (for the reception in RB) they may just rent the same tie and wear a nice white shirt/black pants. Not totally sure on that yet but we will get it figured out.



I ordered our invitations from North County News so those should be in any day now. Getting excited to see how they turned out. Our engagement announcement was in the paper this week. I bet their are a lot of people 1. shocked to see that we are not already married  (I think people just think we are) or 2. thinking geez louise finally!!!!! I posted 40 of our awesome engagement photos on facebook so hopefully you have all gotten to see them on there. I am so happy my Mom & sister took them! It was a lot of fun and am so thankful she was wiling to do it. It took me forever to sort through them and literally only 15 minutes to upload them into the guest book I made on Walgreen's. Now just waiting for a good coupon to come along to order it. My shower invites also got mailed out this week. This weekend I have 4 days off so I must be wedding productive!!  I am going to organize as much as I can and cross a lot of my to do list. Also looking forward to my work out & getting measured today at Design Fitness with Darla & the Color Run on Saturday. Fun Fun!! Crunch Time really begins now!

Pinned Image


No comments:

Post a Comment