My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today is my 27th Birthday which means it has been 1 year since Rhett & I got engaged. Hard to believe a year has passed already. So many decisions have been made since then. Lots of new & exciting things happening. Meghan got married and is now pregnant, Erin and her family are building a house, my sister now lives a lot closer to me, my grandma passed away, my brothers are each heading off onto the next step of their life (the real world & college), the list could go on and on. I know some people don't even think twice about their birthday as they age but I think that is silly. I celebrate every year!! 27 years ago today my mom & dad welcomed their firstborn baby girl into the world. I can imagine that it was a very happy day. So today really shouldn't just celebrate me it should celebrate them as well. Thanks MOM & DAD for everything. For raising me in a loving home with 2 loving parents. For teaching me how to excel in school and sports and balancing both. For raising me in a town where I could ride my bike up to get a sno cone or candy bar all by myself. For giving me 3 wonderful siblings to grow up with. For buying me a car when I turned 16 and then a 2nd car & then a 3rd car...(the last one lasted 10 years). For paying for my education to continue in college. For taking millions of pictures of me growing up so I can look back and remember. For checking on my dogs countless times when they needed a potty break or a babysitter. For teaching me right from wrong. Thank you for loving each other and giving me a good example of a happy marriage. For celebrating my birthday every year! For being in the crowd at whatever it was tumbling, awards banquets, graduations, cheerleading, and anything else possible you could attend. I could really never say thank you enough!!
Today is also my mother in law Margaret's birthday. Her age will remain nameless. It is great that we get to share this special day. I'm sure most of you know that we are very close but if you didn't now ya do! I feel so blessed to have her as my mother in law. Any time I need ingredients for whatever I am cooking/baking I know I can call her and she will say come on over. Any time I need advice I can ask her and she will tell me her honest opinion. Any time something is going down in the fam and I am not sure what to think she is the person to talk to. Any time she needs something she knows she can call us and ask for help. She is such a great grandma and mom to all her kids. If I say I am going over to visit for a just 15 minutes Rhett knows it really means over an hour. I think we could sit and talk forever if we had the time. She calls me Sara Louise (which my mom almost named me). For the longest time everyone thought that was really my middle name. In a lot of ways we are so alike so I think it was meant to be Rhett & I. Happy birthday to Margaret my 2nd mom!!!!! In my birthday card she gave me it said "This is your last year as Sara Phegley". Wow I hadn't really thought of it like that but she is right. Next year for my 28th I will officially be Sara Simpson. Can not wait for that day to be here!!


I had a great birthday weekend very busy Friday Saturday & Sunday but I will fill you in on all those details later in the week. I have a house to clean and engagement pics to sort through. Here are a few sneak peeks till then!



3 comments:

  1. happy birthday!!
    i loved this - kinda teared up!!

    and the pictures are great - you two look CRAZY HAPPY!! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 27th Birthday, Sara!!
    I really enjoyed this one!!
    It made me cry
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I cried while I was writing it. Imagine that!!! It is just so much easier to explain your feelings when writing! Thanks again for taking our pictures. I love them!

    ReplyDelete