My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

2 Lines=Exciting News

Let's just start at the beginning many weeks ago on February 15, 2013. I was at home packing bags for our annual trip to the hollidome in Collinsville. Every year Rhett's parents treat us to a weekend of staying at a hotel to enjoy swimming & hanging out with the family. The kids just love it and run around like crazy people. On Saturday night we had plans with our friends Allie & Brandon to attend PBR (professional bull riding) in St. Louis. I knew the guys would probably want to drink a few beers so I decided to take a pregnancy test just in case. I expected it to be a total negative like a few other previous tests in past months. Surprise Surprise...the 2nd line was so faint but it was definately there. I wasn't sure what to think. I was excited but also a little hesitant. On that particular day I was only 3 weeks 2 days pregnant. So so early! While driving to Collinsville that evening Rhett mentioned he wanted to get some malibu to make a few mixed drinks. We hardly EVER drink but remember we recently came back from Hawaii so he was still on a kick from that. As we walked into Qdoba to grab supper I vaguely made a comment that I couldn't drink any malibu bc I was pregnant. His response, "Oh no you are not." That was kinda it on that subject! When we got to the hotel I had to use the restroom so I rushed that way. When I came out all our family that was sitting around started teasing me & asking if I had to throw up bc of being pregnant. I just laughed and said no way I had to pee from drinking a cup of tea. Haha looking back now that comment is pretty funny! Before telling our families it was actually easy to brush off any teasing or comments made with out admitting the truth. Since we have been together for such a long time I am used to the jokes. On Saturday evening The Lingle's picked us up at the hotel and we headed to Ponderosa for supper. I honestly do not care for that place very much but Rhett LOVES it. I always eat way to much bc it is a buffet. I debated saying anything to Allie about the test I took. My excitement won out and literally while standing in the buffet line getting our salads-I whispered my news to her. She was very excited and happy! Her sweet Avrie was born in September last year. She is one of my closest friends & I just had to tell someone right away. Plus we work together and working in the xray department it is difficult keeping a secret like this. On Sunday driving home from Collinsville we stopped at Target and I picked up a few more pregnancy tests. The second I got home took it and it was positive. The 2nd line was a bit darker than the original test. Later in the day I took 3rd test (different type) and it said NO on it. What in the heck.....Now I was a little confused for sure. Next day Monday Feb 18th drove to RB early am just to buy more tests from ALCO. I was going absolutely nuts not knowing for sure if I really was pregnant. Took 4th test and it was positive. I felt pretty confident that I now knew the truth. On Mondays I work out so that evening I immediately told Darla (my personal trainer) the news. I felt it was important she knew because of what we do together. She was ecstatic. I was nervous but excited for Rhett to get home from work to tell him about all my positive tests. At this point I really had not mentioned any more since the Fri night conversation. I made a note that said "Welcome Home Daddy" and placed it on the counter next to a piggy bank I bought a while back. Not sure what he was really thinking at that moment but he did smile really big when he saw it. My plan was to take another test in about a week just to be absolutely sure. Of course I couldn't wait that long so the next day on Tuesday I took 5th and final one. POSITIVE!!!!! Holy Moly!

8 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys! I know it is very rare for a test to give a false positive, but I've had lots of friends say that they've gotten false negatives before. (Enough to try drive you crazy, right?!) Hope you'll keep us updated with your pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is probably too much information but I think the reason it was neg is because I drank so much water in such a short time that when I took the 2nd test my pee was clear. Their was no hcg in it I guess...who knows lol

      Thank you we are very excited too!

      Delete
  2. You sound just like me when I was pregnant with Brody ... I think by the time I had my first Dr. appt I had taken 7 tests =) I took 4 this time ... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny! I did take pic too of all the tests!

      Delete
  3. Ahh I have goosebumps!! Love this!!:)

    ReplyDelete