My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Our little M-N-M

Tuesday Feb 19th-The day I took the last pregnancy test I felt it was time to call the drs. office and make an appointment. I typically go to Skelly and she does not deliver babies so they referred me to Dr. Hucker in Belleville. This is who I planned to call anyway because Erin, Meghan, & Tracey have all gone to him in the past. I had heard many stories from the girls about this dr-he has a dry personality, he might make you cry, he tells it like it is, don't whine to him, he has big hands.....But everyone also says he is a great dr and if a problem arises he does great. Plus as long as all goes well Sylvia the midwife delivers your baby. I told my boss immediately about my news because he needed to get an extra dosimeter badge for me to wear. We xray people have to always wear a badge at our neckline when we work to track if we get any radiation to our body. When being pregnant baby gets its own badge that is worn at the belly level. This is 1 reason it was impossible to keep this secret at work. At one point our student (Ms. Kelsie) saw my badge in the box one day I was not working. I purposely did not want her to know because she works at the convent and sees my family at church ALL the time! She did good keeping it in though. Received first gift from Allie- books to borrow, rattle, and oil to help with stretchmarks. I done already have stretchmarks everywhere from losing & gaining weight multiple times so I could really care less if I get more. I have been trying to be faithful about using oil though and maybe it will make a bit of a difference. I also started prenatal vitamins on this day. I was already dreaming up fun ways to reveal the news to our family.

Wednesday Feb 20th-Went to the eye dr and while filling out paperwork had to tell them I was pregnant. My blood pressure was good which made me very happy. It very often used to be on the higher side but since I started working out has improved. Already my appetite was changing so early on. At almost 4 weeks I was hungry ALL the time and more tired than normal. I still felt great no morning sickness and was eating lots of small healthy meals. One of my co-workers randomly asked if I was pregnant on this day. I flat out totally lied to her face and said nope. Can not believe I was actually able to do that without busting out into laughter. Since only Allie, Josh, & Darla knew our news so I was trying to keep it that way for a little while. These are all people I see multiple times on a weekly basis. My plan was to wait untill 6 weeks to tell everyone else at work in my department. Took my first side belly pic today!!

Thursday Feb 21st-So much for waiting till 6 weeks. My big mouth blabbed to Angie (same person I fibbed to previous day), Julie, Vickie, & Sarah at work. They were all very excited! I think Angie was most excited she gave me big hugs and said she just had a sense. Thank you ladies all for keeping our secret for so long. It really does mean so much to Rhett & I. This day was a yucky one weatherwise. It was icy, snowy, & sleeting. Driving to work was not fun.

Friday Feb 22nd- Worked out with Darla and was so exhausted. The child was already draining all my energy! Rhett & I took Ammo & Dakota to the vet for annual check-ups. Big milestone -- Rhett referred to baby as an M-N-M. He just couldn't believe that baby could affect my sleeping & eating patterns already. Believe it Daddy!!!! Men really don't have any clue what is going on in our bodies.


What a week!!!! So much was changing and happening already. I am so glad I kept my little journal writing all this down because their is no way I would remember all this writing it now. So NO I do not have a super awesome memory. All these little details were written down in a notebook/belly book.

*More on the belly book next time*

1 comment:

  1. Great idea with the notebook!! Keeping "the secret" is so hard! :)

    ReplyDelete