My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Belly Book

 
If you have never heard of it-check it out! If you are newly pregnant or know someone early in their pregnancy buy it as a gift. I absolutely love this book and am thoroughly enjoying filling it out week by week. I first learned about this book way back in 2008 when Erin was pregnant with Jake. Mary Koester gave it to her as a gift. Erin enjoyed the book so much when she became pregnant with Cole she bought one for herself. When Meghan became pregnant with Roxy last year she received the book from Erin. When my friends Allie & Lindsay became pregnant I gifted the book to both of them. I honestly planned to pick one up for myself when I knew for sure I was pregnant but Allie gifted to me first. My love language is totally gifts so I really enjoy giving any gift to anyone. I know sometimes this drives Rhett bonkers because he thinks I spend too much $ but he just has to deal with it! Anyway back to the book. Each week their is a place for a weekly belly picture and an area to write notes. Certain weeks include questions with different answers to choose from. It is just too cute and a great way to journal about pregnancy. I won't torture you with weekly pictures of my stomach but I think from now on I will refer to whatever belly week I am talking about.
 
Let's call this Belly Week 5
If you go by my lmp I hit the week mark on Thursdays but from my "dating" us I measured at the week mark on Tuesday. I just go with the latter so every Tue I look foward to when I can mark off another week closer to my due date. Lots of exciting things happened in week 5. I had my 1st drs. appointment at Dr. Hucker's office in Belleville. Rhett went along with me. I got blood drawn (for the 1st time in my life) & had my pregnancy confirmed. I told the girl drawing my blood to be prepared bc I might cry. I think she thought I was crazy! I have no pain tolerance and am a big baby so I really wasn't joking. It wasn't that bad though and I did just fine. We told my Mom our exciting news. I tricked her into coming over to our house for some silly reason. It was a moment I will never forget because it was so sweet. I framed a picture of the dogs with the signs and gave it to her. She right away began crying and gave both Rhett & I hugs. The only thing that could have made it better was if we had caught it on videotape. If you know my mother well then you know she has been waiting for this day for a LONG time!! She is so excited!! We are so blessed that she will be our child's full time babysitter when I go back to work after he/she is born. I also told my sister that soon she will be an auntie for the first time. I gave her a birthday card revealing the news. She yelled very loudly and then continued yelling and smiling. I think she was very surprised. Just 4 days earlier she had razzed me about being pregnant when we were eating at Red Robin for her birthday celebration. Of course it was in front of like 10 other people so I just laughed and denied all. Rhett & I swore both my mom & sister to secrecy. We just were not quite ready for everyone to know yet. Happy to say they both did an awesome job and didn't publicly spill the beans. I know Jme did tell her boyfriend & best friend but they kept quiet as well. Thank you Thank you!! At this point I was still able to eat anything. No issues with feeling sick to my stomach. In the belly book a question reads "My philosophy when it comes to cravings" Choices are mind over matter vs give the belly what it wants. I picked mind over matter (on most days) Some early early cravings were fish and soda. I don't drink soda on a regular basis either so that was totally abnormal.

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That is so great that your mom will be able to take care of the baby for you. That is priceless peace of mind!

    Haha, I've always joked that "I wonder how someone who hates needles tolerates pregnancy?" Because it seems like they're always poking you for something - especially in the early days! I'm glad it didn't end up bothering you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try really hard not thinking about the whole delivery part yet. lol Not really in that frame of mind yet. People keep telling me all their horror stories but then they always end the conversation the same-it's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete