My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, November 25, 2013

Lainey's Birth Story Part 2


After pushing for about 1 1/2 hours our little girl arrived into this world at 12:29 am on Tuesday October 29, 2013. I'm not going into great detail of how the delivery went but I will say everything was just fine. By the end I was exhausted but thrilled to finally meet our baby. Rhett was such a trooper during the whole thing. I was a little nervous he would be passed out on the floor by the end of the whole process. He even gloved up and pretty much caught her when she came out. I don't think he was real keen on doing it at first but Sylvia got him involved. I was also able to reach down during the delivery and feel the baby's head which was very encouraging. So many emotions were running through my brain it's hard to remember exactly what I was thinking at the very moment I held my daughter for the first time. All I know is it was all happiness and love. Rhett helped cut the umbilical cord. Our awesome nurse Robin took great pictures for us documenting those memories. I immediately held baby on my chest and tried to nurse for a while. She just kept crying and crying. I remember saying is this normal? She won't stop crying I don't think she likes me very much yet. Eventually she was weighed and length was checked. I couldn't wait to hear what the stats were and was totally shocked when I heard 6 lbs 15 oz. Not so shocked with the length because I expected her to be long. The nurses kept commenting how her hair looked red but honestly I think it was just the dried blood on her head. Her hair is totally brown and I do not see any hint of red at all. Eventually around 1:15 am my Mom Dad & sister Jaimee came in to meet GrandBaby #1 and niece #1. I have no idea what was going on in their brains but I imagine it was excitement! They had only been waiting for many many hours!!! My Mom has been waiting for years!!!!! Long before Rhett & I were ever married (back when people probably thought we never would) she used to tell me to just start having kids. They visited for a short time and then headed home. My mom & dad did pick up some food for us before leaving. I was starvin marvin bc I hadn't eaten in forever! The only place open at 1 am was Denny's and that was just fine with me. Eventually baby went to the nursery, I was able to shower, and sleep for a few hours till time to feed again. Rhett was asleep in the chair before I could even get out of the shower. Once morning arrived we spent it snuggling, eating, changing diapers, taking pictures, and trying to decide on a name. Our little gal still was nameless!!!! Rhett still really liked Katina and my favorite was Eleanor. Every so often I would say ok so what are we going to do here with the name?? Lainey was a name we had discussed and both liked but it was never #1 pick. Then Rhett said how about Lainey and it just sounded so right. So Lainey it was! We could not have chosen a more perfect name because it fits her like a glove. I think most of our family & friends were pleasantly surprised as well with our choice. Rhett made a slideshow to music on the ipad with all the pictures we were taking. It was so sweet! The day was busy with visitors Aunt Erin, Aunt, Meghan, Rusty, Grandma & Grandpa Simpson, cousins Brooke & Madison, Great Aunt Nancy, Great Aunt Patti, cousin Kelsey, Aunt Jaimee, and of course Grandma Phegley. Thank You to everyone who came to see us and visit.  






Throughout the day/night numerous nurses/drs/etc came in and out of the room for various things. After a 2nd night we were so ready to go home. Sylvia came for a visit on Wed morning and said some of my blood work was low. Booo! Which meant she wanted to wait a few hours and for me to be redrawn to make sure it didn't drop any more. After the 2nd draw my count actually increased so we had the green light. Yay!!! I was nervous but excited to be leaving the little hospital room and going out into the real world WITH A CHILD! The discharge took forever and we were both getting pretty antsy. We got to leave Lainey's mark on the wall right outside of our room and above cousin Roxy.




Ready to Go home! 


Overall our birth experience went very well. I was extremely pleased that I was able to work until delivery time. Also very happy I was not induced and went into labor on my own. Now the real journey has just begun. Love our little Lainey! We are so blessed. Thank you God. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I just read both parts - love it! It's so awesome that you were able to choose a name after you met your baby. (I love the name Eleanor, too!) I've always thought Lainey was a beautiful name. Congratulations, again!

    ReplyDelete