My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, November 4, 2013

I'm a Mommy!!



Well we made it!!!!!!  Ms. Lainey Nicole Simpson was born on October 29, 2013 @ 12:29 am. She weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and 21" long. I was right about one thing on my predictions she sure is long. I could hardly believe it when they said the weight. I really thought I had an 8 pounder in there. All went well and Mom/Baby are doing great. I'm saving her complete birth story for another post. I have this urge to write everything down because I don't want to forget a single thing about my sweet girl. We celebrated our 1st Halloween by going to the Dr for a weight check & hospital for bilirubin check. Weight was 6 lbs 12 oz and bilirubin just fine. In the evening we went to Grandma Simpson's and Lainey met all 12 of her cousins. She slept the entire time through A LOT of noise. We've got a good sound sleeper! The first night at home was a bit rough on sleeping through the night. It was definately experimental trying to figure out what was going to work. My plan was to use the bassinet so we started out in our bedroom & eventually I moved it to the living room. We ended up going to bed at 5 am and I held her in my arms in the recliner. We finally got 3 hours of solid down time thank the lord. Friday was a low key day and we had some visitors in the evening. Our 2nd night of sleep went much better. She slept in the bassinet for consecutive hours with feedings in between. When we did wake up I just thought how lucky am I to be getting woken up to my sweet baby instead of the alarm going off for work. This past weekend would have been mine to work. Saturday we had our 1st outing to Alco & Lisa's to eat lunch. She was an angel and slept the entire time. Rhett & I both got fried chicken and it was sooo good. Aunt Jaimee & Grandma came over to visit in the evening. We worked on a diaper cake for a benefit for my co-worker Julie. They also spent the whole time posing Lainey and taking lots of pictures. No shortage of pictures of this child. Sunday we went to church and then ate at the wurstmart. Father Clyde addressed us in church and it was very sweet. He was speaking about how we are all sinners except for Lainey because she was only 6 days old. He also put her name in the gun raffle at the wurstmart. We got to see lots of family while eating and that was nice. My Aunt Kay and cousin Kim came to visit in the afternoon and brought very nice gifts. Thank You!!! We had our 1st diaper blowout already! I had just put jammies on, layed her down and noticed a small poop spot on the pants. It is amazing the little things that get me excited now. The one day I was having major anxiety because she didn't have a wet diaper for a long time. When her diaper was wet that evening I was crying like a lunatic. That was an emotional day between the drs visit and blood draw. I also watched a little video of my maternity pics that really got me going. Rhett has been extremely sweet with her. Last night he said "She already looks different. I don't want her to change." Ahhhh be still my heart! We love watching all the facial expressions she makes. I know people say babies don't smile or its gas or whatever. I don't care what anyone says! She smiles and it is absolutely the cutest thing ever when her dimple pops out on her right cheek. She also has a dimple in her little chin. The dogs are doing well with the new addition. Drake is def the most interested being extremely aware of her. When he comes inside the first thing he does is goes over to bassinet and pokes his nose over looking for her. Ammo & Dakota have given her a few kisses already but not near as interested. Breastfeeding is going well. It is a learning process but every day gets a little easier. Last night my Mom was holding her and she began to cry then I noticed I was leaking like crazy down my t-shirt. My reaction=me clapping and yelling with excitement. She got her 1st bath at home. Rhett & I gave it to her together. I was washing her up and all of a sudden she was peeing. You can totally see it in the picture he had taken. Haha!! Good one for the baby book. Lainey hiccups quite often. She also loves kicking her legs a lot like she is riding a bicycle. They are so long and skinny. I honestly think I could just sit and watch her sleep forever. Overall so far I feel that she is an easy going baby. She has already stolen our hearts completely!









Thank You to everyone who has brought us food, picked up items from the store, and helped us in any way in these first few days at home. We are so blessed with a fantastic family.

 Check out our sneak peek from Creative Bent
http://animoto.com/play/kdNc9b1Dqgst0DKZAWCssQ

3 comments: