My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, June 11, 2012

Wedding Weekend Getaway

Good thing I took off work on Thursday at the last minute. Wednesday night I get home from work at 9 pm and this is what is waiting for me. 5 gallon bucket full of zucchini Rhett picked from our garden. He wanted to spray them with pesticide but was afraid it might kill the zuchs already growing so just picked the plants clean. O my gosh was not expecting this when I walked in the door. I immediately set to work on shredding them so they could soak over night to make relish the following day. I had to shred 12 cups. It took a while but wasn't horrible because I used my amazing multiquick food processor. That thing is wonderful. I use it for every & I mean every thing. I never ever have all the ingredients when I go to make something so sure enough once I got started realized I was short on onions. I needed 4 cups and only had about 1/2 so I boogied on over to my mother in laws and stole some onions at 11:30 at night. Since everyone was sleeping I quietly snuck in & out leaving a note and zucchini as payment. God love her bc I borrow a lot of ingredients! She also got a jar of relish once it was done. Thursday morning I rinsed & drained the mixture and combined all remaining ingredients to cook. Canning is very easy just a tedious job. I have never used this recipe so lets hope it is good! I normally make relish from cucumbers. I don't even eat relish either lol so I have to take other's words for it. This was my first canning session for the wedding favors so now I have 21 jars done many many more to go!!



Once I am done with all the canning (which is hopefully by end of July) I am going to enlist my bridal party to help decorate the jars with little labels I made and this will be end product. Thank you to Sarah from Living on the Blind Side for letting me borrow the cute stamp. It is perfect. Thanks!!!!!!




What a wonderful and productive weekend I had in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. First off I have to say a huge THANK YOU to my Mom & sister. They both went along and helped me with everything. I got a little bridezilla a few times but for the most part I think I stayed mostly sane and calm. Lets start from the beginning of the trip. We left Friday morning 8ish and seriously arrived at our destination like 4ish. Normally when Rhett & I go to Branson it is pretty much a straight shot no stopping. We made a lot of stops..in our defense though 3 women (who wouldn't stop multiple times) We also stopped at Wal-Mart, got gas, & ate lunch. From Branson it is another 1 hr 15 min to Eureka Springs. I don't know if any one has been to Arkansas but let me tell ya it is hilly & curvy. Definitely makes for interesting driving.

 Once we reached the Best Western hotel it was just in time for our first meeting at 4:30. Our mini reception after the wedding is being held at the convention center at the hotel. It is less than 5 minutes away from the chapel which makes it so convenient. It also has the hotel right there which is nice for who ever chooses to stay at it. We met with Cathy Handley who is the kind lady I have been dealing with at the hotel. She answered multiple questions I had. We also got to sneak a peek in a couple rooms set up for receptions the following day. That really made me feel much better because I am totally a visual person. Seeing it in person gave me a better idea of what my reception will look like. I don't want to give everything away but here are a few minor details.....

  1. Rhett & I get our own sweetheart table (which is just a fancy way of saying we get to sit by our selves at our own table right up in front of everyone else) Sweetheart table still sounds good to me though!
  2. We have a fancy cake table which includes almond crush punch, nuts, & mints
  3. No DJ just my ipod & no dance floor (it costs extra) so we do with out!
  4. Our wedding party is not going to be announced just Rhett & I when we arrive. Ahhhh I can't wait!!!!!
  5. The weekend we are getting married is corvette weekend in Eureka which means we might get some pictures with some awesome cars.
  6. We are having a buffet loaded with lots of food!!!!!
  7. The room where our reception is being held is the Red Bud room.
  8. I don't really have to decorate much just bring a few small items to spice the look up. Rhett thought I was dragging a ton of stuff down there. No way!! I am taking as little as possible. 

Overall I am so excited my Mom & I found this reception site when we visited back in October 2011. It was a blessing finding it.


Next time I will fill ya in on our Saturday! These are totally random but so me. Had to share! Have a great day!

I have done this on occasionthis is soooo me

2 comments:

  1. Love the canning idea - that is so cute! And I had to laugh at that laundry quote, because it is SO ME. I could let the same load take a few rides before I finally decide it's time to fold, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YAY!! I'm so glad you're putting it to use! =)

    ReplyDelete