My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Friday, February 22, 2013

Dolphins & Whales!


Our 5th day of the trip began a bit early for Rhett. He had a short meeting to attend. I slept in and then met the girls for breakfast in the ocean ballroom. Afterwards Shelly & I took a nice walk on the path along the lagoons. We never even turned on our i pods because we talked the entire time. She is from Michigan and has 3 children-all girls. We talked about everything from food to working out to being married to a farmer. She recently has lost quite a bit of weight as well. (80 lbs to be exact) Around 11 we got bused a short distance to the marina for our catamaran cruise. Neither Rhett or I had ever been on a boat like this so it was an experience. We had to remove our shoes before entering the boat. We saw a ton of dolphins, a couple whales, and got to snorkel. The dolphins got extremely close to the boat and I got many pictures. Trying to snap 1 at the exact moment they jumped out of the water was tricky.



I enjoyed the snorkeling way more this 2nd time around. Our masks got sprayed with special substance so they wouldn't fog easily. We took many underwater pics with the disposable camera I bought. The water was so clear and beautiful. The coral reef and fish were neat to see. I did manage to swallow some salt water and that made me so sick to my stomach. Yuck! I hate salt. Rhett got very close to a manta ray and hopefully got some great pictures. I still don't have them back from being developed. We had a nice spread for lunch on the boat. The whales we seen were from quite a distance but it was better than seeing nothing.
We had a short amount of time before our evening event so Rhett napped and I spent the entire time getting ready. We were having dinner on the USS Missouri @ Pearl Harbor. That night totally deserves its own post so I will fill ya in next week!


1 comment:

  1. Loving the updates! Can't wait to read about your dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete