My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, February 18, 2013

Pineapple Express


Our last stop of the day on our little jeep tour was at Dole Plantation. Home of Pineapples!! Rhett & I love pineapples so this was a must see. We enjoyed yummy soft serve pineapple flavored ice cream. Their was maze to go through but we chose not to do that. Inside the store their was everything pineapple imaginable-choc covered fruit, choc covered nuts, t-shirts, whole pineapple, dressings, bags, and much more. I was running around like a fruit loop trying to decide what to spend $ on. We didn't have a huge amount of time before the store closed. I ended up getting all kinds of goodies. Rhett & I both got t-shirts and his is a red dirt shirt. The dirt in Hawaii is very red and that was used to make the shirts color. Very neat! When he went to the Pioneer research facility he was told to not wear white shoes bc they could stain easily. The chocolate covered pineapple I bought was amazing!! I only wish I would've bought multiple boxes. We discussed buying a box of pineapple and getting it shipped back home but never did order any. Boxes of 2 and boxes of 5 were available and 2 could be used as a carry on for the plane ride home. Outside the building at Dole their was a little farmer's market (if you could even call it that). It was really just 2 tables set up with some locals selling produce and plants. Rhett's cousin Marc told us about apple bananas so we decided to buy a small bunch. I might have already talked about them so if I did Sorry but they were AWESOME! I don't think I can ever eat another normal banana. Seriously never!!! They are yum yum. We also got our picture taken in the lovely huge pineapple as you can see. Their were people walking around with cameras taking pics and then trying to get you to buy them. I just had the guy snap a few with my camera. We rode the "Pineapple Express" which was a short train ride through the fields.  I just thought the name was too cute! Got to see pineapple growing in fields and many other plants/produce growing. Overall visiting the Dole Plantation was a lot of fun! I wish we would have had a bit more time but just glad we made it before they had closed for the day. That evening we had dinner at the restaurant Monkey Pod across the street. We had delicious fish tacos & lobster/mushroom pizza. Both my picks and we shared!! 






Yummy Supper @ Monkey Pod!!!! Wearing our new shirts!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, you had Dole Whip! There are only a few places you can get that, and one of them is Disney World, haha. Sounds like you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete