My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our 1st day!

As most of you already know we went on this trip through Pioneer PaceSetters...translation everything was paid for! Airfare, food, alcohol, tips, activities, hotel. Souvenirs and any extra activities we wanted to do where on us. We also decided to lengthen the trip a few days so instead of flying out on Tuesday the 5th we left on the 2nd. We were responsible for paying for everything on those days. Let me tell ya thank goodness we only had those few days on our tab. Holy crap! 1 gallon of milk was almost $10. We would never make it living in Hawaii full time. We are so blessed to have had the opportunity to go on this trip. Huge thank you to Margaret & Justin for letting us go in their place. Rhett is such a hard worker on the farm and with Pioneer. He really deserved all of it! The great thing about having everything set up through Pioneer was the ease of no planning, no stressing, just excitement. The resort we stayed in had several hotels including the JW Marriott Ihilani which was our home for the week.

 Entrance to Hotel



 This area had water on both sides that contained a waterfall, fish, eel, mini sharks, starfish. Just taking a walk around the hotel was so pretty! On the last day I kept snapping pictures moments before checking out because I was afraid I had missed something. 




It was GORGEOUS!! Weeks and days before leaving I kept saying how excited I was and Rhett never really expressed my same feelings. Typical Man! When we walked into room 416 & out onto the balcony this was our view.

I can't remember his exact words but I know he was pretty impressed & excited! 

We immediately changed into our swimsuits and went to check out the ocean. It was 75 degrees outside but the water was actually a tad chilly. The longer we stayed in the better it got. After our little dip we got cleaned up and had an early dinner at "Naupaka Terrace" one of the hotel restaurants. We had to make reservations right after getting checked in earlier in the day. Allyn, Trudi, Rhett & I enjoyed a seafood buffet and we stuffed our faces! After eating snacky items all day it really hit the spot. I especially enjoyed the crab legs & swordfish. Rhett was loving the cold shrimp. They were so big & plump. I had 3 mixed drinks. All different of course. I think they were kinda getting to me though bc I accidentally knocked the lid on the crab legs box over and it fell behind the table. Oooppps! They were all yummy but my fav was the strawberry mojito! We called it an early night around 8. What a wonderful 1st day we had. 

1 comment: