My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Friday, May 3, 2013

Icky Sticky Feeling

BELLY WEEK 6
 
Remember how I was going on & on about how great I felt during week 5 and could eat any/everything. Enter week 6 and HELLO sick to my stomach feeling. I had to get up 3 am for work on a Saturday and from the moment I woke up-yuck. Walked out into the living room and the temperature was 83 degrees. (compliments of our lovely wood burning stove) That made me feel even worse. I never had the urge to actually throw up but my tummy just did not feel very good at all. I felt much better after getting to work and eating 4 saltines & drinking diet 7-up. Getting up that early not being pregnant is a chore so I should have known it would really suck once the morning sickness started. Plus I typically never get enough sleep the night before. At this point into my journey I was tired quite often & my boobs were sore 24/7. Which I have to say I have never had in my entire life so that was definitely new to my body. I recently had to buy bigger size bras too so lucky me. I have had big boobs since the flippin 4th grade so them getting bigger does not excite me one bit at all. Enough about my body parts that no one cares about anyways! It was lent season so we went out for supper in Renault for fish with Rhett's parents. We sat next to a group of mentally handicapped adults. I think they were with a group from the Human Service Center. The lady sitting directly next to me was named Rose. Margaret immediately made friends with her and they just talked & talked while we waited on our food. After she introduced Rhett as her son & I as her daughter-in-law Rose then placed her hand on my belly. She said,"Baby????" I said, "no not yet" & just laughed. Holy crap!!! I thought what in the heck this lady has some intuition. That was a very hard moment to not just say YES YES YES!!! I bet Margaret & Justin both would have jumped out of their seats had I said yes. It also snowed this week and we had an appraiser come to our house because of our refinancing. Normally I have the absolute worst sense of smell. I really started noticing how well I could smell everything. Depending on how you look at things this is either a blessing or hindrance. When working in a hospital and you enter a patients tiny room in the emergency department and it reeks like smoke= big downfall. It is amazing the amount of people who STINK. It really made me realize just how poor my sense of smell was before. (Now further along the increase in my sense of smell has decreased) This week baby really introduced lots of new things to me!

Pinned Image

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the six week mark always did me in, too! That's when I knew if it was going to be a sick trimester or not. (I wasn't sick at all with Grace!) I LOVE that story about the woman asking if you were pregnant! That is crazy, and maybe she really did have a sense about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was lovely not being sick at all!!! Their is hope for baby # 2 lol
    I am just so happy I never threw up the yucky feeling was enough for me.

    ReplyDelete