My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Big Guitar

I know I have mentioned many times that Rhett & I love Branson! One of the things we always do when we are there is eat at some of the same places. We try to do different things on each trip but we always go to the big guitar. I'm sure you are all thinking what in the heck is the big guitar.....Well it basically is just a little place to eat that has a pizza/salad/soup buffet. We love it!!!! It is located on the strip close to the Dixie Stampede. I can't even remember the first time we went but we've been going back ever since. When Rhett & I got together he hated pizza. You heard me right HATED pizza wouldn't eat any kind at all. What is wrong with this man I thought. Through the years he has gradually started to eat it and although very picky as to what kind he will eat it now. This place we go to is actually called Papa Grands Pizza but we gave it our name. 
Their is a huge banjo looking thing that is in the middle of the place and it sticks out through the top of the building. I guess we felt like it looked more like a big guitar hence the name. We are crazy lol
Plus it is super reasonable on prices. Rhett eats the same exact type of pizza every time. It is a bqe beef pizza (I personally don't like it) but he loves it. So when I went to Branson with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and 2 nieces naturally we ate there. I got the bright idea to get a pizza to go so I could bring a little part of our tradition home to my man. I wish I could remember how it all played out when I got home from our week long vacation toting a huge pizza box for 5 hrs. I know Rhett was happy and surprised but it's been so long I don't remember the details. My Mom & I went to Branson back in October to do wedding planning so of course I brought back 2 pizzas from that trip. Rhett was in Canada on a hunting trip at the same time so I wrapped them suckers up in saran wrap/foil/bday paper and stuck them in the freezer. When I gave them to him once he was home I said "Happy Birthday". He said, "oh are these krispy kremes?" WTH lol why would you think they are doughnuts. Anyways..he was of course happy!! About a month ago Rhett's brother went to Branson with his fiance & kids so I took advantage of the opportunity. You guessed it I had them bring home 2 pizzas for me with my hubby to be's name on it!! You all probably think we are crazy gaga over a silly little pizza place.
I said the other day just joking, "you know we have to go there on our wedding day. We will look like total weirdo's but just for a pic in front of the big guitar." LOL


The little things in life make us so happy!



It is a little blurry but here is a pic on our trip in October. Me in front of the big guitar!!

1 comment:

  1. We might have to check this out when we go next weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete