My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, January 30, 2012

Music to my Ears

I love music. I have the "wedding march" set as my ringtone on my phone for when Rhett calls. People just laugh at me when they hear it go off. Whether I am in my car, kitchen, computer room, taking a walk  I am constantly listening to music. Always downloading new stuff onto my ipods. (I have 2) I'm obsessed with movies too lol but that's another subject. At thorncrown chapel where we are having the wedding their are 3 options

1.Bring your own music on cd or tape and they
have a person who will run the sound system.

2. they provide a singer/pianist

3. bring your own vocalist

I was planning on just taking my own music but when my Mom & I went to visit I actually got to meet the woman the chapel provides. She was so nice and she gave me her contact info in case I was interested. I googled her of course lol bc I google everything! Her name is Patricia Taylor and all the info looked great so I decided why not.....She has been singing for over 20 years and has a masters in music and doctoral studies in piano and has appeared on the 700 club. (I have no clue what that is) I did listen to some samples of her singing online as well. So next decision was what would I like her to sing. The prelude music before the wedding is her choice but 1-3 songs we choose can be sung during the ceremony. She sent a list of choices some christian/traditional and some secular love songs. Here is what I have decided on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR6okRuOLc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhxIjRO6WjI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8U6am5iX4


What can I say I'm a romantic!

I also had to decide on the processional & recessional music. That was a little harder to decide. But I think I am going with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIiHwFF12-c&feature=related


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDYMayp6Dk

Who knows I may change my mind on these 2 and go with something less traditional.


I am planning to take my ihome and ipod so we will have some music at our mini reception. For our big reception in RB the dj I got is CosmoT. He was highly recommended by many so I think it will be great. Now I love music but I am not much on dancing unless I have a few beers in me. If this dj gets me on the dance floor I know he is awesome! I have the list of important songs for our big reception picked out already except for father/daughter song and when the wedding party walks in. When I was trying to decide on the song for mother/son dance I called Rhett's mother and asked her if she had any suggestions. To my surprise she immediately said "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart. She said years ago she heard that song and it made her cry. I am hoping my mom or dad will pick out the father/daughter song then I won't have to decide but we will see!! (hint hint Mom I know you are reading this) That's a lot of music talk for one post so till next time!

 This is what my hubby to be & I will be dancing to for our 1st dance. ( He picked it)









No comments:

Post a Comment