My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gifts Galore

We received so many wonderful gifts at the bridal shower. Yes most of them are girlie and majority are kitchen related but Rhett will still reap the benefits. When I am cooking and baking him yummy recipes with all my new stuff! One thing I was most excited about getting was new kitchen towels/pot holders. The last time we got a whole slew of new ones was our housewarming party 3 years ago. Seems silly but that is something that I just don't ever buy. I organzied the drawers in the kitchen to make room for all the fresh bright new hand towels. It's funny when Rhett will dry his hands he goes for the old ones. The one day he said "they are too nice to use."Haha!!! Here are some lovely bath towels we received from our neighbors The Umbdenstock's. Love them!! Thank You! They are so fluffy too! I love personalized gifts!


All my friends from work hooked us up with amazing items. Brenda crocheted us an afghan.
Amy gave us a key ring holder.
Lindsay gave us a photo frame, the other Lindsey gave us an iron (def needed in the past & didn't have one), Jess & Kasey gave us $, Vickie gave us a photo frame,wine, and the cutest christmas ornaments ever, Ashley gave us an awesome cake pan (which I have already used 2 times), Sarah gave us cookie sheets & a pot holder, Allie gave us a framed picture that says SIMPSON. 
(another fellow co-worker took the pictures) 

The xray dept. as a whole is giving us a kitchen aid mixer. Can't wait to use that baby!!! Love love love all of my gifts from all of you. I am so blessed to have great co-workers. They really are like family members. Some of these friends have moved on and work somewhere else now. Some I still see all the time. Together we have been through divorces, marriages, babies, deaths, sicknesses, good days, bad days, happy days, sad days. They have all seen my fair share of tears! I just want to say Thank you to all of you for being a part of my life and sharing in my bridal shower. 

Another item I was really looking forward to was a juicer. I am a lot more conscious of what I put in my body now so always looking for ways to be healthier. Fruit juice is loaded with a ton of sugar so I want to make my own!!! I used it once already and made pineapple/strawberry juice. It was wonderful!!! Granted it took a whole pineapple to make 1 cup of juice. It was soo worth it. I saved the pulp and stuck it in the freezer. One day when I make a smoothie or bake something I can use it up. Next time I am going to try using grapes and see how that is. Thank you Simpson Clan that gave us the juicer! Their were a lot of names in that card. 

If you read my blog faithfully (as my Mother does) then you would know a while back I talked about a certain item I really really wanted. It was a crock from personal creations. Thank you Thank you mom!!!!!!
Love it so much! 

We received some much needed luggage from Rhett's mom and Erin & Meghan. Thanks ladies!! They even tried tricking me with an old antique suitcase because one of ours had not come in the mail yet. I was a little confused!! They also gave me an apron and the cutest pillow cases.
The heart on the apron says Rhett. Since I don't have any real tattoos this is my fake one! 

We received so many wonderful things but I won't bore you to pieces and list every single one of them. Thank you again for everyone's generosity!!! After the shower that evening my kitchen/dining room/foyer looked like a tornado came through my house. I spent quite a while organizing and cleaning everything. Happy to say also that Rhett received the waders he put on the Cabela's wish list. His family members gave them to him for his birthday!! He was so sad the day of the shower when I came home and no waders. I knew they had been bought and didn't even tell him. It is seriously amazing that I kept this from him!! 
Thank You all for being so great to us!! 

1 comment: