My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

You're Invited!






Counting down the days until my bridal shower........
Just had to share the adorable invite my sister in law Erin made
LOVE IT
The ones that got mailed out also had a little sliver of purple ribbon on the top
So if your free on Sunday and you want to come enjoy some yummy food & all the wedding goodness 
(and I accidentally forgot to send you an invite) 
BC I am sure their are people I forgot
Will C ya there!!


This past weekend a surprise bachelor party was thrown in Rhett's honor! Last week on Tuesday his friend Derek aka Lumpy aka Best Man in the wedding texted me saying he wanted to throw a surprise party at our house. Well.....I had to work the weekend so immediately in my head I am thinking-clean house, make food, clean shed, keep a secret, oh my!! Derek did all the dirty work calling people and setting everything up. He had already asked Rhett to go hunting/fishing all weekend. In the meantime I plotted what food to make bc lets be real with only guys planning a party something will for sure be lacking. My sweet friend Allie was a lifesaver!!! She cooked for me and also let me hide things I made at her house. She also delivered everything to my house. I made the cheese ball Friday evening while Rhett sat in the living room watching t.v.  He had no clue!!! So absorbed in his hunting. It was great! I also made spinach artichoke dip but he saw that. I had to lie and say it was for work lol  I always make things for work so he didn't even suspect a thing. I am so happy the party ended up being on Sunday bc then on Saturday after I got off work I came home and finished things up.I had also asked Luke (Rhett's brother) and Jason (brother in law) to come early and set up things, buy some beer, and bring tables. I actually even got Rhett to help  me clean the shed on Friday!
Thank you Thank you to all!!! 


Here are some pics from the fishing expedition. I got woke up at 10:30 pm to take these pictures. I was not a happy camper (remember my alarm was set for 3 am so I could go to work) 
When I came outside I was like whoa I'll take your pic!!!! Def worth getting woken up for. I am a fish lover!!! We ate some of it Sunday evening and it was pretty tasty.



Any hoo back to the party
I was a mess being at work when it got to be 11/1130. Thinking of all the things I could be getting done or preparing. It of course was all fine with out me being there. I was just nervous. When Rhett arrived he was very surprised. No idea a party had been planned for him. Mission Accomplished! So the guys spent the day  shooting clay pigeons, cooking, drinking beer, cleaning fish, and just hanging out. I got home around 430 and mowed grass for like 2.5 hours. It was gorgeous outside. Overall the party turned out very well. Now I am looking forward to my bachelorette party! 

I finally found a picture of Rhett & I from the year 2009. Thank goodness!!!! That was turning into quite an ordeal. Jaimee wanted one from every year we have been together. Yesterday I met with Becky Cowell about our cake for the reception in Red Bud. That was fun! The last few days I feel like I have 20 questions going on in my head nonstop. I think of things I need to do or questions I need to ask people and then I forget. Then I remember them and write them down so I have probably 10 lists laying around. I think I finally got all the labels printed out for the reception invites. Once I get all my stamps on them in the mail they go! Friday is the start of my 4 day weekend and I can't wait. 
It will be a busy busy day but hoping to get a lot done. 

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment