My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, September 6, 2012

T-1 MONTH

Take a nap love this

Holy emotions!! It must be the reality of the wedding getting closer and closer....In the last week I have been  upppp and doooown on the emotional scale. I tend to cry over spilled milk anyway but lately whoa. I do think through out this whole year of planning I have been pretty normal not getting too worked up about anything. Now that is 1 month away the bridezilla in me may emerge. Just joking!! Lots of exciting things have happened recently. I finished the lovely satan diet. Only did 5 of the 7 days but I lost 8 lbs. Friday I had   my dress fitting for alterations. It fit perfectly other than being hemmed and getting the bustle made. My Mom & sister went with me to put up with my whining. I still love the dress but it was making me quite itchy (where the lace is). The seamstress said to use baking power, cornstarch, or cortisone cream next time and that would help. This makes me nervous I don't want to be itchy on my wedding day. I read the reviews on the david's bridal website and majority of them said no problems with lace itching them. This gives me hope! The bustle is going to be so pretty. I can't wait wait!!!! I also felt pretty emotional while having the dress on. I thought it looked good but the only thing I could focus on was my arms. Flabby arms=yucky feeling. I have 1 month to turn it around and make myself feel and look better! We also went dress shopping for a bridal shower outfit. That turned out to be wonderful! Jaimee aka bargain shopper found an adorable dress on sale. It is black & purple with flowers on it and has a cute skinny belt. She also found a blazer jacket to match. First outfit I tried on and it fit great. I also felt like it looked great so that counts too! Now just to decide on my jewelry and shoes to wear. Love Kohls!

I have received 2 more gifts in the mail. Big thank you to Kelly Donjon for the jerky gun. (It will totally get used) The cabela's wish list actually works too!!! I was being nosy and was online looking to see if anything was purchased and it did show the jerky gun was. I also received a set of nice kitchen towels from a family member. Thank you both!! My guest book that I ordered from Walgreens came in the mail yesterday. I was so excited I ripped it open while sitting in the driveway out by the mailbox. It turned out quite nicely. Rhett made me a wood cupcake holder for the bridal shower. I found one on pinterest that I wanted to purchase.
Ours isn't quite as smooth and perfectly straight but it is wonderful! Thank you thank you to my hubby to be!
Can not wait to put my cupcakes on it.
Pinned Image

With time running out all kinds of little things are getting done. I am meeting with Becky Cowell next week to discuss my cake for the reception in Red Bud. The bridesmaid's dresses are done being altered so those need to be picked up. I am getting the programs made soon. Over the weekend I had all kinds of help with tying ribbons around jars and other things. I helped my sister with shower decorations. I just hope I am not forgetting anything!!! Soon the invitations will go out for the Oct 27th reception! Still trying to figure out when they should be mailed.

Today is Margaret & Justin's 43rd Wedding Anniversary! She took the day off school and is taking him to chemo treatment. Take a moment today and give him a little prayer!

Haha aww

4 comments:

  1. Praying for Uncle Justin today!

    It is totally okay for you to be emotional right now! Been there, done that. :) You're normal, don't worry - haha. LOVE the cupcake stand. And if it will make you feel better on your wedding day, I know people are raving about those wraps you can put on to shrink body fat. I'm not sure that it would be a permament solution, but it might help out in a short time! You will be gorgeous no matter what, so don't sweat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pics from everything...you are doing so really cool things! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara~Your dress is beautiful and it looks awesome on you! The cupcake stand looks great (can't wait to sample some of the yummy cupcakes!!). Prayers and Hugs for Justin & Margaret today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies!!! All the reassurance helps lol
    I can't wait for all the festivities to begin!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete