My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ms. Married Lady

Well the weekend has come & gone and I am now Mrs. Sara Elizabeth Simpson. We both made it through the ceremony with out passing out, tripping, or trying to escape. Haha! I knew none of those things would really happen. Last week was so busy I didn't get a chance to keep you all updated with my daily activities. I got my nails done, packed all the bags & decorations, got our rings, programs, my dress. I managed to pick up everything including my groom by Thursday afternoon. His flight came in at 4:30 pm in St. Louis. I was so excited & anxious to see him!! If you didn't know I am the loving crazy lady who told her fiance YES you can go to Canada until 2 days before our wedding. When he originally asked months before if I minded that he take another Canada trip just 2 days after our wedding I said sure why not. He had an awesome time last year & I knew we were not planning a honeymoon right away. Then the plot thickens......the trip got changed to before our wedding date. This made me a little nervous but I still said sure why not. Ahhhhh I think about 2 days before he was supposed to leave I started to get really nervous. When I would tell people he was in Canada hunting geese they would say "Are You Crazy??" I just kept telling myself everything will be fine, everything will be great, everything is going to go as planned. Ya know what it WAS!!! I had almost a whole week to get wedding stuff done without having to do a ton of laundry, without making meals every night, without feeling bad for not being home at all. It worked out really well. Rhett made it home on time with no problems. Plus going that many days not seeing each other made it that much more exciting for our wedding weekend!! Since we have lived together for 9 years and see each other daily it was fun! I even snuck a little love card in his bag of clothes. I forgot about putting it in the bag & was getting ready to leave for work. I had to come up with some lame excuse to get him out of the kitchen to shove the card in the bag. "Honey will you please please go out to your truck and get me those pears?" He was probably thinking why don't you just get them when you go out to your car. He had no clue!! Needless to say I felt like I could breathe a sigh of relief when he was back home safe & sound!



I had pretty much everything ready to go so when Friday morning came we were set! We had our ritual breakfast at Subway before heading to Branson. We almost always drive straight through with no stops so we make good time. It took 4 hrs to get Branson plus another hour 15 min to get to our destination. Once we reached Eureka Springs, Arkansas we headed to the courthouse to get our marriage license. I knew that I did not want to mess with that on Saturday and wanted to get it done ahead of time. Everywhere we drove their were corvettes because it was corvette weekend. Each hotel we would pass we would count how many corvettes were parked in the parking lot. Their were a lot!!!!!!! Downtown Eureka Springs is crowded with tiny streets and not a lot of parking. Shame on us we parked and didn't pay (we were literally only in the courthouse for 15 minutes). To be honest we actually couldn't figure out where to pay. We took our chance at being towed and luckily when we came out we were safe! Boy that would have stunk all our wedding stuff gone.

 
After getting our license we headed to the convention center at the hotel where our reception was going to be held. I could not have found a better place to have the mini-reception. I had all the decorations organized and labeled in boxes. No bridesmaids, no Moms, no girlfriends, just Rhett & I ready to decorate. It was a lot of fun! It took a bit to get going but once we did everything fell into place. Darla was nice enough to let me borrow several items. Thank You Darla & Emily! We set up everything that we could ahead of time and then headed back to Branson to check into our B&B. We love the wonderful Bradford House! It is also conveniently located right next to the Bluegreen resort "The Falls" which is where Rhett's family was staying. We met up with them for dinner and ate at White River Fish House on Branson Landing. Highly reccomend if you are in Branson. It was delicous! Had alligator too! It was a wonderful time with the crazy loving family I just married into! Fair warning picture overload here of everyone that was at dinner.
(minus Maggie I'm not sure how I didn't get any of her) Love them all! Luke & Glennda got to Branson a little bit later than everyone else that evening but I think they ate at there a few nights later so still got to enjoy the yummy fish!

 
Hope everyone has a great day! Stay tuned for more wedding madness in a day or so!

3 comments:

  1. Soooo, what's your new blog name going to be? =)

    I can't wait for more details & pictures!! You look amazing and over the top happy!! congrats again, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww yay!! i love this! can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any ideas for my new name...lol I was thinking about it the other day! Soon to have Simpson babies....

    Thank you!! I am def over the top happy!!

    ReplyDelete