My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Our Wedding Afternoon!

Lets pick this up right where I left off...since it was raining we were limited on places to take our pictures. The original plan was to be next to a wooded area near the reception site but our plans had to change. Luckily right outside the building was a covered area so we could still be outside. This part of the day was interesting to say the least. If you were there you know what I mean! Also a big thank you to Kandace & Uncle Mark for helping get some of the girls where they needed to be. The zipper on Meghan's dress was broken so Darla sewed her up. Thank goodness she brought the mini sewing kit with her. Everyone was able to go inside the building's lobby and hang out while waiting for their turn for pictures. I am so happy that we will also be having pictures with Creative Bent for the reception day! Just did not have the weather, time, or location for a huge variety of pictures that day. (minus the chapel bc it was amazing) I am so anxious to see all of them. I am hoping they are all great. Once I get the cd I plan to share with all of you! My family did manage to snap a few (or few hundreds) so for now..





During the photo session my cake lady brought and set up the awesome cake that we had. I did not even know this was going on (little preoccupied) but several people did get to see the process of her putting it together. It was 3 separate cakes stacked on top of each other. It tasted & looked amazing. I was sooooo happy with it. I did not even meet the lovely Robyn who made it. She was recomended to me from Cathy Handley (woman who I delt with from the hotel) I looked at cake pictures on The Inn of the Ozark's facebook page found it and immediately knew that was what I wanted. It was honestly above & beyond what I even imagined! I think Rhett was even a little impressed! We had a very small amount leftover but did eat some the next day. Leftover chocolate wedding cake while laying in a comfy bed watching t.v. at 1:00 in the afternoon. All I can say is wonderful! I hope everyone enjoyed the cake because we sure did!



The way it works with weddings at the Thorncrown chapel is you get an hour and half time slot. Ours started at 4 pm and you are not allowed to arrive in parking lot until 3:45. Once it was time we all headed out of town on a very curvy road. (about 2-3 miles away) During the first half hour we all met with the priest and got instructions on what to do. We had no rehearsal the night before (that is an extra $500) so it was kinda like winging it. I do know that Rhett was nervous about not having a rehearsal but the priest explained exactly what to do & all went well. The girls & I got to go into this little office building and hang out. Our guests and all the guys went straight into the chapel. This is also when decorations get set up. All I had were pew bows and the unity candle so it was simple. Thank you Thank you to everyone who helped with this. I know Darla did but not sure who else helped. Us girls had a lot of fun while hanging out in the small room. We took pictures, put on my garter, the little girls hid under the table and peeked out the big glass door. At one point Claire said, "Sara we don't want to do this anymore." Haha I just laughed and said too bad so sad! I think they were tired of the waiting. When my Dad came to retrieve us they started going crazy because it was time! Praise the lord for the little ones they keep me sane. They are just too cute and I love them all so much. At this point I still was not nervous at all but I did have an empty & hungry stomach. In all the hustle and bustle I had not eaten lunch.  I did make sure to use the restroom too because I didn't want to feel the urge to pee while saying my vows. Haha! Sorry I am sure that is really too much information! I asked my Dad if he was nervous and his reply....these shoes are so uncomfortable.




Till next time!! Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment