My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The ceremony

Last week of wedding madness! Our reception is in 5 days!! Busy busy days finalizing everything. I work Tuesday but have the rest of the week off to get stuff done. Today Rhett helped me cut the wood centerpieces and then I polyurethaned them twice. Finally got the lights I wanted for the branches I am using. I figured once it got closer to Christmas I would find what I needed. My sister gave me the platter she made at the bachelorette party. It turned out great! Wednesday I am meeting with the D.J to go over stuff & getting our backdrop. Rhett's cousin Mark made us a really great slideshow with pictures/video from the wedding day and we will be sharing that at our reception. This was a last minute decision and I am so happy we decided to do it. I collected pictures from 6 people's cameras and sorted through them. Thank you so much to everyone who took pictures and shared them with me. Also a huge Thank You to Mark for making it for us. Their were a lot of fun crazy pictures taken and can not wait for everyone to see.

 I knew that the disc from our photographer would most likely be coming in the mail yesterday so I was very anxious for 2:00 to come. I asked if she could send me just a few pictures she took by the reception date. It will be awhile before she is done editing everything but I can share what I have for now.








Back to our ceremony

Getting married where we did I can honestly say felt like a dream. I know people say your wedding day goes by quickly and it sure did. I am happy to say I get 2 days to celebrate. Thank you to everyone who was there to share our special day with us. We really do appreciate all the help and love from everyone. I am such a crier so I thought for sure I would be a crazy mess during the wedding. Nope! Lots of happy tears in the thorncrown chapel that day but not from me. I did get a little misty when I turned and looked at Jaimee during the first song. I told Rhett days later that all I could think from when the ceremony started was I just wanted to give him a big kiss! Haha I bet the priest would have loved that before our vows. I swear people I am not making this up. Overall everything at the chapel went well. Patricia Taylor did a great job singing & playing the piano. Also huge Thank you to Jason for videotaping.

 I forgot to mention this in the last post...before the ceremony while waiting in the small office building we noticed a group of unknown people walking down the pathway to the chapel. I poked my head out the door and gave a little shout to them. I don't really even remember exactly what I said but something like "I'm getting married today." Then they shouted back kind words and turned around and headed back to the parking lot. The chapel is open to the public normally so they must not of realized a wedding was about to start!

After the ceremony was over our guests headed back to the reception site while Rhett & I got more pictures at the chapel just the 2 of us. Since I knew their would be down time before our meal I arranged for hor dourves for our guests. A loooong long time ago (probably like 7 years) I said when Rhett & I get married we are going to have pigs n a blanket at our reception. We used to make those things like crazy back in the day.I hope everyone enjoyed them! It was supposed to be a surprise for Rhett as well but when we were decorating the evening before the lady mentioned them.

Hope everyone has a great day! I am trying my best to keep my inner bridezilla from coming out in the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. Your ceremony was beautiful! So wish we could be at your reception, but as predicted, we'll be in the hospital. Hope you have a great time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete