My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, October 15, 2012

Our Wedding Morning

OCTOBER 6th 2012-After planning for over a year the day had finally arrived! After being together for over 12 years it was offically the day I would get to change my last name, the day I could say HUSBAND (not boyfriend or fiance), the day that I honestly (sometimes thought) might never happen. So what do I do.....of course what every lovely bride does on the day of her wedding- set my alarm for bright & early 7 am and go for a run/walk. It was a cool morning but I think that really made it just even better. Our entire drive to Branson on Friday it rained so I was just happy it wasn't when I woke up. When I got back to the B&B took a nice hot bath in the jacuzzi tub all the while Rhett is snoooozing away in the big comfy bed. Once he woke up we headed downstairs to eat breakfast. The people who own The Bradford House (Bob & Christy) are so nice & friendly. They even remembered us from many years past so it was nice catching up. I took one of the wedding favors I made (strawberry jam) and gave to them. I actually took several and was going to share with the priest, vocalist, & cake lady but in the day of craziness forgot about them. My hair appointment was scheduled for 11 am at the Crescent Hotel and make-up to follow. Me being the most timely person ever..... I didn't leave Branson until about 9:50 a.m. (haha that is a joke) I am always running late it seems and I don't even have kids so I can't imagine how that will work in the future. It takes a little over an hour to get to Eureka Springs so I did not allow near enough time. I guess I could blame it on Rhett though bc he didn't want me to leave. He said, "What am I supposed to do all morning?" I think my response was, "go back to sleep." lol
My original plan was to leave @ 9 but ya know nothing should go as planned on a busy day. Away I went on my own to Arkansas jamming out to my satelite radio and hoping I didn't miss my exit. I had just gone the same route the day before so I figured I would be fine but I am not the greatest with directions. Once I got to Eureka Springs stuck in corvette traffic (ugghhhh) this is why I told everyone else allow extra time. It then began to hail. That's right hail do you think I was freaking out....
 a little....not too bad... but maybe just a smidge. I ended up getting my appointment switched to 11:15 bc their was no way I would make it on time. I swung by the hotel picked up Jaimee & my Momma and headed to the Crescent. Now in the summer I had a trial hair run so I already knew the hairdresser that I was going to have. Best idea ever!! So happy I did that because I felt very comfortable with her and knew I was going to be happy before she even did anything. My mother aka lady with the camera glued to her hands took many pictures throughout the appointment. Jaimee was getting her hair done as well and we both had on our bride & bridesmaid tanks!  



We rushed back to the hotel to finish getting ready! It was a little crazy for a bit. Trying to get dressed while your peeps are getting dressed, forgetting much needed items in the vehicle, not having all my bridesmaids there at the same time, the photographer sitting on the bed waiting for you to be ready to go....just a little hectic. I think I was pretty much freaking out during this whole entire portion of the day. It ended up being ok though because no one got lost. Yay!! Everyone made it to the hotel/convention center with their dresses and tuxes. I was so nervous that people in the wedding party were not going to make it on time. Just want to thank everyone who helped during the getting ready process that day.

For helping finish up the decorations at the reception hall:
Jaimee, Mom, Kandace, Dad, Rebecca, & Andrew

For steaming my dress & Rhett's tux:  Darla

For sending us an awesome food basket filled with fruit & chocolate: Mom & Dad Simpson

For going with me to my hair appointment and getting me dressed: Mom, Jaimee, Kim, & Kandace

For running back and forth to my vehicle getting things while I was flipping out: Andrew


For fixing Meg's dress in a moment of oh my!!!!!!! Darla


For taking lots of awesome pictures (sneaking them when our photographer wasn't watching)
Aunt Patti & Uncle Mark 

Thank you Thank you to everyone who helped get everything ready!







No comments:

Post a Comment