My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, January 21, 2013

Aloha

The time is getting closer for us to go on our honeymoon!! In the past I mentioned we wanted to take an Alaskan cruise but we decided to go a different route. Rhett's Dad unexpectedly won a trip through Pioneer (the seed company they work for) to go to Oahu, Hawaii. Justin & Margaret chose not to go so we get to!! Rhett is very involved with everything in Pioneer so he was eligible as well. Totally opposite than what we were set on but it's a good change. Especially since the temperature lately has been 20 flippin degrees. It is an all expenses paid trip so Whoooo Hooooo!!!! It is a 5 day 4 night trip but we are going a few days earlier so we will actually have 8 days total. We do have to pay for everything those 3 days so we plan to use $ we received from wedding gifts. Thank you everyone!!! It will be so worth it though to have the extra time. Here is where we are staying @ JW Marriott Ihilani.


 
I think every single day I ask Rhett if he is getting excited???? He normally just says no, not really, whatever. Men are so silly. Ya know who is getting excited....THIS GIRL!! We have only ever vacationed to Branson so this is a pretty big step up. I can't wait! I am not looking forward to leaving the dogs for that long but I know they will be in good hands.
 
We had to choose from a list of activities what we want to do while in Hawaii. We picked whale watching cruise on a catamaran for 1 day & the island helicopter tour for another day. Rhett does have to attend a few meetings and go on a Pioneer station tour. A little business for him while I get to take the shuttle and go shopping!! We will also attend a Luau show and a  dinner/show at the USS Missouri at Pearl Harbor. We are definately going to be busy bees. I have no clue what we will do the first 3 days of our trip. Relax, Relax, Relax and take a lot of pictures, and eat lots of Hawaii foods! The hotel has a spa so maybe a nice massage is in my future.
 
I have only flown on a plane once & it was when I was 13. Rhett has only flown once & it was less than 4 months ago a couple days before our wedding. He will totally be the more experienced one in that department. All I remember is chewing a lot of gum during take-off. Haha!! I am not sure what I will be more terrified of the plane flying or helicopter flying.
 
 
Here is a pic of the pool & lagoon
 
Entrance to hotel
 
I plan to take many many pictures to document every single detail of our trip. Now if I can just figure out what to pack and go shopping for a swimsuit!
 
Aloha!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, that will be an awesome vacation! Have fun in paradise. :)

    ReplyDelete