My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, January 31, 2013

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food"

For a while I have been debating whether to post recipes on here. I love to bake and am always up for new ideas so why not share with everyone! My plan is to try and share 2 recipes a week. 1 geared towards healthier eating and 1 guilty pleasure. I now have healthier daily eating routines but that doesn't mean I lost my sweet tooth. I just don't bake near as often as I used to. I do not have the greatest will power so lately my method has been NO baking. I also love sharing with family/friends at home & work. I have been itching to bake something so last night I tried out a new recipe...

Hello Dolly Bars





 
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 cookie sheets)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup butterscotch morsels
  • 2/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted (I did not toast the pecans)
  • 1 (15-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk (I used regular bc that is what I had on hand)

  •  I doubled everything except for the milk and put into a 9x13 pan

    Preparation

    1. Preheat oven to 350°.
    2. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper (I used wax paper instead); cut off excess paper around top edge of pan.
    3. Place crumbs in a medium bowl. Drizzle with butter and 1 tablespoon water; toss with a fork until moist. Gently pat mixture into an even layer in pan (do not press firmly). Sprinkle chips and morsels over crumb mixture. Top evenly with coconut and pecans. Drizzle milk evenly over top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly around edges. Cool completely on wire rack.
     These can become a sticky mess in the pan, so it's important to line it with the paper. Because the milk needs to seep into the graham cracker crumbs, don't pack the crumbs too tightly in the bottom of the pan.

    All I can say is DELISH!!!


    Here is a new fish recipe I tried out a couple weeks ago-It is yummy. Rhett liked it too!!

    Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

    Ingredients
    -1/2 cup Parmesan cheese


    No comments:

    Post a Comment