My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do you take this woman...





First off just want to say Happy Valentine's Day!!! Also Happy Birthday to Rhett's big sister Erin!!! We love you!!!!! In honor of V-day the romantics that we are..we are working on tax stuff. I say as long as you spend the day or part of the day together that's what counts!  Tonight we have Erin's bday party so we will get to see the whole fam.


Some people write their own wedding vows and get all creative & personal. We are not doing that. We were given two different ceremony options for the chapel. (traditional or I'm not even sure what the other one was called bc I threw the paper away) Traditional it is!! I am just hoping I get it right when we are standing up in front of everyone bc I know I will be nervous as heck. For fun I made up our own wedding vows that are silly & fun.

Alright here goes my vows:

I Sara take you Rhett to be my husband. I promise to do your laundry, run the dishwasher, & clean our house. I will try my best to make up new recipes so you don't get tired of the meals I make for supper. I will scratch your back and pop your zits when you ask. (even though I am the one who really likes popping your zits not you) I will wake up with the dogs ( and any future kids) at 3 am when they whine & cry. I promise to allow you to turn the fan on every night before we go to sleep and sometimes let the radio play too. I will continue to mow the grass & try not to run over any more pine trees. When you are working hard I will bring you lunch in the field. I promise to do our bills and keep them organized. I will continue to endlessly take crazy fun pictures of you so we can look back at them and laugh always. Whevever you ask to go hunting day after day I will almost always say YES.  I will love you forever & ever till death do us part.

Now I asked him to write his but he wasn't very receptive lol which I figured was how he would respond. I am going to take a stab at it and pretend like these vows are coming from his mind.

I Rhett take you Sara to be my wife. I promise to help you cook supper whenever you need a break. I will fix endless things around the house when they are broken. I will haul rock on our driveway when it needs it & pop your back when it needs a good crack. I will make you fires when you are cold & clean the dogs feet when they are muddy. I will grow my crops very tall and make us lots of money to spend. I promise you I will kill deer, ducks, geese etc...so we can decorate our home with my lovely trophies. I will not complain when you cook a crappy supper. I will eat it anyways. When you get stuck in the snow I will drag your car out. I will tolerate your constant picture taking and always smile for you. When you need to cry I will have a shoulder for you to lean on. When you want to watch girlie movies I will sit & watch them with you even though I don't care for them at all. I will love you forever & ever till death do us part.



Just an FYI so everyone doesn't think we are totally hopeless....Last night Rhett cooked supper which was so wonderful to come home to. Today I made us breakfast for lunch that was complete with heart shaped choc chip pancakes. He said for my vday present he is building me a dock for our lake. He's such a sweetie!!!


Scroll to Top
Pinned Image

4 comments: