My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Once upon a time


Once upon a time their was a 15 yr old girl & a 19 yr old boy. She was in highschool & he was not. She was a good student who enjoyed school & cheerleading. He was recently graduated & did not like school or cheerleading. This is their story........
When I was in high school I had heard the name "Rhett Simpson" but I didn't really know who he was. He was older and we didn't really hang out with the same people. We met at a party at Vicky Young's clubhouse. I had a boyfriend at the time who will remain nameless. If you were friends with me back then you probably know who it was. I always had a boyfriend since like 6th grade, so really that's no surprise. (my poor mother & father) I looooooved boys!! lol I have to tone down the story a little to make it blog friendly so you can all use your wild imaginations. So at this party where I'm sure we were doing things that we weren't supposed to be doing I met my future hubby to be. The way he tells the story is that he saw me I had a tight white shirt on & he thought I was hot. What a romantic from the beginning. I'm sure you can all imagine what else he was thinking....I must have been whining I was so cold so he offered to get a coat from his car for me. No no I said I have a bf and he probably wouldn't like that. That's all I really remember. Not sure when whether it was days weeks or months but that boy called me. I don't know how he got my number or why he called bc he won't tell me to this day. (Rhett was a bit of a wild child back in the day.) When my sister said some guy named Rhett called boy oh boy did I freak out. I remember that!! We talked on the phone off/on for a while. He then said I can't call you anymore since you still have a bf. One day in study hall at school my good friend Leha & I were just chatting about my boy dilemma. Do I break up with my bf bc Rhett said he won't call me anymore or do I just forget about him. She said oh just break up with him, Rhett is way cooler. My response, "ok" Omg sure didn't take much to persuade me lol Glad I listened to her. Thank you Leha Russell!!!!!!! Love you! So from then on my new man was 4 yrs older than me and my Dad sure loved him. I can remember one time Rhett & Teddy Bear picking up myself & Leha from my house to go out for the night. I can't believe my parents let me leave the house with them. I remember bits & pieces from back then but I sure wish I would've kept a journal or diary to log my thoughts. Rhett lived with his sister Erin when we hooked up so I became close to her & the girls who I now call my sweet nieces Brooke & Madison. Love you 2 more than words can describe.
Erin kinda kicked Rhett out so the hunt began for
a place to live. We found a trailer at 9073 South Prairie rd that was cheap and allowed pets. The first night we stayed was New Year's Eve 2002. We had no furniture and the t.v. sat on a small crate. We were set lol I was still in hs so I really only stayed on weekends. After I graduated in May 2003 I gradually moved all my crap and we were officially living together. I remember going to dollar general in Steeleville and to get the electric set up. It was so fun picking out stuff for our new place. 3 dogs (Ammo, Dakota, & Precious) later and 3 yrs later we moved to our next home at 7469 Marigold Rd. This was where our relationship began so it felt just right. Erin moved out and we moved in. We spent 3 years at this home and then it was finally time. We had been saving and planning for a looooong time for the house we would build. Literally we had our floor plans drawn up like 2-3 yrs before maybe even longer. Every time Dakota had a litter of puppies all the money went in our house savings account. Thank you Dakota!!!! You made us quite a bit of $ while giving us the most precious puppies.
So in October of 2008 we began the venture of building our lovely home we live in now. We moved to 7794 St. Leo's Rd March 2009 and fast forward 3 yrs here we are. 11 yrs together, lots of ups & downs, & getting Married!!!!!

Standing in our basement while it is getting dug
In the future I will fill you all in on the details of building our home!!
I have tons of pictures and stories that could have its own blog.

2 comments: