My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Friday, February 3, 2012

New month New Leaf

So it's officially February and that means only 8 months till the big day. Reality is setting in that soon it will be wedding day! I am starting this month off with a better perspective on being healthy. When my sister-in-law Meghan got engaged (March 2011 I think that is correct month) I started changing my eating habits. I have been unhappy with my weight for quite some time but have just never done anything about it. Such a procrastinator. Their were often nice thoughts that crossed my mind...oh on Monday I will be better, on Monday I will start working out, on Monday blah blah. I always had these motivating thoughts but never came through. So when Meghan asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding I changed my routine. Slowly but surely I stopped drinking soda and refused to eat anything at McDonald's. I work 12-8:30 during the week so their are many a nights when I get home late and supper still has to be made. (Mickey D's was an easy out a lot) I don't really remember when I started working out but I wish I would've kept a journal or a log. I do know that being in a bridesmaid dress got me motivated. Now I am not going to tell you all how much I weighed at my heaviest but it was wayyyy toooo much. My boobs are pretty big so I think they account for at least 10 lbs. LOL or at least that is my guess. After I stopped with the soda and fast food I really didn't or don't miss it at all. I contacted a friend on fb about Design Fitness I was always seeing posts on FB & saw an article in the newspaper about it. She gave me excellent feedback and totally recommended the classes DF offered. She said that everyone was so nice and like a whole other family. Thank you Emily Zeiger DF has changed my life!! I started going to zumba and kb classes. Thank you Kelly Donjon for making kb class awesome.That 6 week class in the summer when you sent motivating text messages everyday was great. I also walked my 1st 5K ever at the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer walk. I am a mammogram tech so boobs are a part of my daily work routine.

That was an awesome experience that I would suggest to anyone. I will be attending every year now.
Thank you Allie Lingle for doing all the 5Ks with me in 2011. You are an awesome friend. I think we did 4 total. Even though we would only run a little bit and walk mostly (since I would be dying and out of breath). I also started walking regularly at Lincoln Park, Then when August rolled around and I got engaged things really started to change for me. I think literally the week after my bday I contacted Darla (who owns Design Fitness) about personal training. I started to meet with Darla on a weekly basis. Dreaming of my wedding day after 10 yrs I knew that this was time to get serious. I was always healthy all of my life
but after hs I just let myself go as so many of us do.
This is the best investment I could've ever made for myself. I need that person their pushing me bc lets face it on my own I wasn't getting anywhere. Thank you Darla Hollmann pushing me every week and making me stronger. I know I have said it before but I wish I could work out with you every day!! Now next week she is going to be out of town so (fingers crossed) I am going to still work out on Monday & Wednesday on my own. I will do it!!!!! When the holidays rolled around this past winter I really started up some bad eating habits again with the sweets. (BC of course I love sweets) Sometimes Actually a lot of the time I wish I just didn't even like sweet stuff. I have no will power. Now that it is a new year & new month I am getting back on track. I decided today to join weight watchers. This is hopefully going to be a good investment for myself and will help me reach my goals. Now I will keep track of my daily food intake and log my exercising. It is all online so it makes it super easy and I don't have 20 papers laying around with info written down. I have been taking the dogs on walks regularly as well bc Ammo needs them to help with his arthritis & weight. We only walk down the driveway and back but its better than nothing. (he can only handle short walks) I did my Pilate's buns & thighs today so hopefully my butt is going to be rockin. I really just want to feel happy & healthy so that is my plan. I love to bake so I know that I can't totally deprive myself. Yes I will eat sweets for the rest of my life but it has to be in moderation. I am just going to try harder each day bc each day is a new battle. I am planning to do this in March


God help me that I make it to the top with out keeling over!!

In June I am also going to do this


Wish me Luck in my journey bc I know that October 6th will be here very soon. Maybe now that I have declared all of this to you I will feel more accountable to be good. LOL





1 comment:

  1. Yeahhh!!! I'm so proud of you, Sara. Oh the ful we will have in the next few months, until the next adventure!! =)

    ReplyDelete