My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, February 27, 2012

HoneyMoon!!!!!!!!!


When most people think of a honeymoon it usually involves warm weather, sand, & lots of drinking. We will have none of that on ours!! Rhett is not very keen on hot weather since he is a farmer and has to work in it all summer. I can't even remember the last time I wore a swimsuit in public. Instead we will (hopefully) be going on an Alaskan Cruise.
My in-laws purchased these pictures from a man named Gene Ferguson in Alaska when they were visiting. Check out his business card. Too funny

When we first started discussing places for our honeymoon I kept saying let's go to Shawnee National Forest. (I meant Yellowstone) Rhett thought that was soooo funny. Duh Shawnee National Forest is in southern IL. When I was a child we vacationed to Arizona, Minnesota, or Florida. (mainly bc we had relatives in 2 of those 3 places) We love Branson but no way jose not spending our honeymoon there. WE needed a new place to go as officially husband & wife. Rhett visited Yellowstone as a child and all he remembers is old boring (as he called it). Old Faithful is a geyser located in Wyoming, in Yellowstone National Park. I guess when they went to visit their had been an earthquake recently so the timing was totally off on the geyser hence the name OLD BORING. I think it would be a lovely place to visit but it is my 2nd choice. My first choice would be to go on an Alaskan Cruise. I have heard so many wonderful things from numerous people. At first I thought oh gosh that will be so expensive and maybe we should wait till later in life. Well you know what I think... Why Not!! We don't have any kids now so we need to go while we can. Plus I think 11 yrs (officially on March 23, 2012) accounts to going on an awesome honeymoon. Obviously we won't be able to go right after the wedding bc it will be fall season. So we will wait until the early summer to go in 2013. Lets hope if I am pregnant by then I am out of the sickness stage bc that won't be any fun on a big boat. Here are some fun pics that Margaret & Justin took when they went to Alaska................




I will eventually call a travel agent and get everything set up & hopefully we will be set!! Looking forward to our honeymoon already even though its over 1 yr away!! If anyone has been there & has suggestions on places to see or check out please fill me in!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea! We didn't take a "traditional" honeymoon either. Hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Adrien! Where did you go on yours?

    ReplyDelete