My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, March 26, 2012

This & That!!

Well first of all just have to say The Hunger Games was AWESOME!! Just like I knew it would be!!!!!!! Of course the books are always better but I have to say the movie def did it justice. If you haven't read the books I reccomend it. I had never been to a midnight showing of a movie before so this was a treat. We went to Casey's and I let the girls get a drink of their choice. These crazy ladies wanted red bull. They were so excited when I said YES! Why not lol they were going home after the movie. Haha!! They were totally fine at 3 am when I dropped them off. I am a book lover so I'm a little biased when it comes to books vs. movies. (except The Notebook) Hands down the movie is way better!! You could ask my Mom how long but I have always loved to read for as long as I can think back. I can remember her buying me books at Wal-Mart & reading them after tumbling the entire drive home from Sparta on Wednesday nights. I dearly hope that when I have kids they love reading as much as I do. Here I am reading one of the many babysitters clubs books I owned! I looooved those & Sweet Valley High too.
Friday our trip to David's Bridal was Successfull. It was smooth sailing. Brooke tried on the same dress that all the other girls got. They didn't have her size so we made do with what they had. It is going to look great on her! Madi ended up trying on a jrs dress that is very similar to the adult one we got. It has straps on it and has the same beading. Perfect dress for her!! She will look great as well. I am getting so excited as the months keep passing. October is going to seriously be here in no time. We spent the rest of the day shopping at the mall & Plato's Closet. In the evening Rhett & I just hung out and ate out for supper to celebrate the BIG "11" yrs. It was a wonderful day. I remembered this time to take a pic of the mannequin in the front of the store. My girl's lovely dresses!!!
I worked Sat & Sun. Saturday night we attended the Turkey Banquet dinner at St. Johns. It was good to see a large amount of people in the space since we are holding our reception there. I think it is really going to turn out nice having it at that location. Sunday evening once I got off work The Simpson Fam had a bonfire/weinie roast/fishing get together. Even though I was soooo tired going on 4 hrs of sleep and working 12 hrs just looking foward to our evening kept me peppy! Every single person in our fam was there. That is all 23 of us!!!! Everyone brought random food & drinks. Heck I even sucked down a michelob ultra. It was fantastic!! So blessed to be marrying into this family!
Today I was off which was heaven!! I slept in which was much needed. Spent the morning cleaning, doing laundry, & cooking and cleaning mushrooms. Rhett went mushroom hunting Sunday and found quite a few. If you have never eaten a morel mushroom you need to. They are delish! Finding them is the easy part though. I spent a good 2 hrs preparing them suckers. This evening I took my little Ammo Carl for a walk down the driveway. His vet says he should take 2 15 min walks a day. (fat chance that ever happens) It doesn't sound like much but taking the time to take those 2 walks with him always seems to get by me. I need to be better about this!! He is quite slow but still loves taking walks & playing fetch. When I throw the ball for him I only throw it like 3 feet so he doesn't have to go far. Love love love him!! If he could be in our wedding I would totally do it. LOL That would be sight to see. Ammo with a little tux outfit on sulking down the aisle. He would be sulking bc once I tried putting a halloween costume on him and he hated it. I do plan to take pics with our dogs on the day of the reception. As long as its not muddy!! *Fingers crossed* No rain on either day!

No comments:

Post a Comment