My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Livin the country dream

Rhett in his field of beans (2010 I think)
It's that time again...farming season is beginning. Now I am not an official farmer's wife yet but I think I qualify as pretty close. I know how things work around here. When it's time to work that means WORK!! Early mornings and late nights for my man. On my days off when I am around & Rhett is super busy I pack whatever lunch I have made & tote it out to the field. I don't really do much to help with the farming but I do give him rides or make runs to pick up parts or items he might need from Nobbe's, Hartmann's, Auto Tire & Parts. I have ridden in the tractor a time or two. (that's not very much fun) Lol I have many a times drove the truck while bales are being picked up and thrown on. I have to say that's not my favorite thing to do either. I don't think I would make a good farmer lol good thing I'm only a farmer's wife to be. Sometimes it does sucks bc it gets really crazy during busy busy time but that's just how it is. He would not be happy doing any thing else (except hunting 24/7) He puts in a lot of time, effort, & thought into everything he does. I hope we have a child who follows in his father's footsteps and continues the Simpson Farming.

Sometimes their is tension as their always can be when working with family. Those are the days when you just listen to your significant other vent and support him. When we really need rain or we really don't we pray together! When its time to buy a piece of equipment we trek all over hrs away to Kentucky, Tennesse, northern IL......the list could go on. When we write out the bills we cringe together on the really expensive ones that include many digits. Everyday we keep track of grain prices hoping we can outsmart the markets. Whenever a new baby cow is born he is always sending me pics of the little cuties. Here is Buddy one of the bottle calves we had a few years ago. That was A LOT of work. He was born in the summer which wasn't bad but once the months passed. Whew that sucked running over to the farm to feed him in the cold. We shared that duty! Omg Brooke & Madi loved to feed him!!!


Now nobody is perfect or has a perfect relationship but we have a pretty darn good thing going here. I think that is because Rhett & I are both pretty laid back. He does his thing, I do my thing, we do stuff together too. To be a farmer's wife you must be understanding, supportive, hopeful, & most of all loving. I try not to fuss at him too much when he spends $. I always feel he earns it he can spend it. Although it is so nice when Rhett says to me, "How do you feel about me buying this?" He asks all most of the time before just doing it. 90% of the time my answer is YES or I say whatever!

Monday night he comes home from work and says "I got you something today. It's on the table." To my surprise he has bought this:
Mind reader!!!! The day before I seriously said I wanted one of these pictures. This guy takes an aerial view of your home and then just shows up at your house asking if you want to buy it. I was beyond ecstatic! Everyone knows I am a picture freak so this is right up my alley. You see all those pine trees...I have to mow around every single one of them suckers. Rhett planted all 110 of them!!!! It is probably difficult to see but in the woods behind the house is a baby pool. One windy day it blew from behind our shed into the woods. It layed there probably couple weeks. I guess the guy took the pic in those 2 weeks. It was the first thing I noticed LOL too funny!!! I'm actually kinda glad its there bc it made Rhett & I laugh. I'm sure in 25 years when we look at the picture it will make us laugh over and over again. Since we didn't do any anniversary gifts on Friday I'm going to claim this as mine!!

Here's a video I found that is so cute! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment