My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up!

Alrighty folks I am have not been on here for a while now. All I have to say is working five days a week is for the stinking birds. I worked day shift last week Mon-Fri (which was lovely to get off during day light) but def not what I am used to. ++++++ I got to go to kettlebell 3 nights in a row. Who hoo! Except my body is not thanking me. I enjoyed seeing certain co-workers every day. I got to spend time with Rhett every evening. I got all weekend off!! ----------- I had to get up early 5 days in a row. Remember this is coming from someone who normally works at noon and gets to sleep in quite a bit. My house was a disaster by the end of the week. I got nada done with wedding planning. Maybe it was good to have a little break to refresh myself. This week I must get something productive done with my planning!!

In Other News.....


Saturday I did the St. Patricks Day run/walk in downtown St. Louis. I had never done this particular race before so it was new & exciting. It was not a 5K but a 5 miler! My 5K buddy is preggo & has been quite sick so I needed a new sidekick for this one so I asked my sister-in-law Meghan to join me. I look like a total lunatic but I didn't care. It was great!!! I found the cute tights at Wally World, my Mom bought me the glasses, Erin gave me the bandana, & I borrowed Rhett's shirt. Yes I did wear the glasses the entire 5 miles! A group of people from our kettlebell class all carpooled and it worked out really well. Some of us ran and some of us walked & afterwards we all met back up and ate lunch together. Our time was 1 hr 39 minutes. We did take like a 15 min potty break & it took us a few minutes to make it to the start line. Regardless we had a very nice time & the weather was perfect. Thanks Meghan for coming along!

Sunday I attended a bridal shower for my beautiful & sweet friend Lindsey. It was such a nice day. Allie & I rode together to the Highland Country Club. We were a little nervous with the gps but it turned out getting us there pretty easily. It was a brunch which was yummy!! Breakfast is my favorite. Our gift was a wine box holder. I was really hoping she would like it & she did!  Yay!!
We got to take home one of these cute wine glasses. It really made me start getting excited for my bridal shower. Although it is months away I can't wait!!!




When I got home in the evening on Sunday it was my favorite time of the day. 6ish...its cool, the sky is just so inviting looking, def had to do something outside so Rhett & I did some yard work. We pulled weeds from around flowers and out of the mulch. I hate hate getting my hands dirty. I need to buy myself some gardening gloves bc it freaks me out big time. Cotton balls freak Rhett out & dirt under the fingernails freaks me out!! We had a big wood pile going behind our shed and all the scraps needed to get cleaned up. We raked them into a nice little pile and we got this...


A wonderful bonfire and all we needed was hot dogs!!! Can you see them in the pic?? LOL We of course didn't have any bc who ever has what you need or want when you really want it so what did I do...What I always do when I don't have food or ingredients I need. i called my mother in law and she said come on over! Advantages advantages of living close to your family!! She also supplied me with some awesome homeade hot dog cookers too. I'm not even going to tell you what they really are, you can use your imagination. So we then spent the rest of the evening watching the fire burn, cooking hot dogs, & playing with the dogs. What a life!!!! I had a great weekend hope you all did too!! Hopefully this work week goes fast bc Friday is the BIG day!! Our 11 yr Anniversary but more important......The Hunger Games comes out in movie theatres. Haha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment