My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a fantastic weekend! It started off Friday with a sweaty work out with Darla then I headed off to Fareview Heights for some shopping. Anytime I go to the mall I get my ring cleaned at Kay's Jewelers so now my ring is all sparkly and I can't stop staring at it! I was on a mission for carpenter style jean shorts for Rhett. Let me tell ya that was one difficult task...after 5 stores I finally found them at Wal-Mart. I also made a stop at Big Time Beads in Swansea to look for jewelry for my bridesmaids. It was just a little too pricey for me so I ended up buying some earrings at good ol Kohls. I also made a stop at Grimm & Gorly florist & Cupcakes Too and picked these up for my Momma for Mother's Day

A lot of thought went into choosing each & every one of these cute little cupcakes!
I also stopped by Bath & Body Works and picked up some hand soap for her and a gift certificate at Creve Coeur Camera. At the cupcake place I also got a couple peanut squares which I knew Rhett would be totally excited about. Once upon a time he mentioned he had them as a child and really liked them. I printed out a recipe from online so in the future I will have to try making them. 


Saturday was my brother Andrew's college graduation day. Boy how did this day get here so fast. I am feeling awfully old with 2 of my siblings now in the real world.



Andrew & Alex (who graduates from HS next week)
It was a long, cold but very nice ceremony & I am sure glad I was able to attend. 


Now onto Mother's Day!!  I have to say I have the BEST mother in the world & the BEST mother-in-law. They are both so giving, caring, and loving. So thankful for both of them each and every day. Rhett & I attended church with his parents and then treated them to breakfast at Lisa's in Rocher. Afterwards we stopped by my mom & dads to visit for a bit. We then spent the rest of the day cleaning, gardening, sleeping, cooking, & riding around looking at the crops. It was a great day! I was teasing Rhett about getting me a mother's day gift bc I am a doggie mom....He said well I do have a gift for you but it is for your birthday. Heck I didn't want to wait till August!! He led me downstairs where it was hidden among his hunting gear and this is what I got. A beautiful gold & diamond bracelet. He thought I could wear it for the wedding which is exactly what I plan to do! 

What a sweetie!! In 11 years I have gotten 5 pieces of jewelry (including this one) total from Rhett as gifts so this is a very big surprise. A wonderful & thoughtful gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment