My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

1 Month & Many more moons to go!

Today marks 1 month for Rhett & I being married!! It really feels like the wedding was just last week. Time does fly when your having fun. It is now deer season so he is focused on killing the big one while I am focused on post wedding cleaning & organizing. I spent yesterday all day in my p.j.s running lots of laundry and sorting through gifts, decorations, and clothes. In the midst of going through the closet I found 2 of my prom dresses from high school. Seems so long ago ( almost 10 yrs now) I don't like clutter or keeping extra crap around the house but these I do believe will be staying. Maybe next time Brooke or Madison come over I will bribe them to put one on for fun.

As I said before I was very pleased with how everything turned out for the reception. I got many ideas off pinterest. Lets take a look at just a couple of them. I really loved this cake on the left but the white flowers just didn't pop enough so I decided to use brown. I purchased purple first but they were not the same shade as our cake topper and me being Mrs. super anal person I am just couldn't use them. Becky Cowell made our cake and every bit of that sucker was gone! (except for the top layer) It is in our freezer wrapped up nice & tight waiting for October 6, 2013. I hope it tastes delicious when we bust it out. Thank you so much to my Aunt Kay & Aunt Patti for cutting it for everyone to enjoy!

Pinned Image


We also had a grooms cake which I can not thank my Mom, Aunt Nancy & Aunt Patti enough for dropping of cattails, picking up the cake, delivering it to the reception, & returning the extra pieces to Highland. It looked awesome and tasted so so good. We had about 8 pieces left I think Rhett & I ate all of them. Their was a little issue with the neck cracking which I am pretty sure was stressing out my Aunt Patti. I think it was from the travel in the car though. Didn't matter still looked great & tasted great. Mallard ducks are my favorite so that is why I choose that!

Another idea from pinterest was the backdrop for behind the head table. Laurie Becker so kindly said yes to helping me out with this. She is amazing! I did not see the finished product until Friday day before the reception. I was not worried though because I knew she would make it wonderful! Everything was done so far ahead of time & thinking back I can't believe how calm and not freaked out about getting it until the last minute.
Pinned Image




The lights we used to highlight the frames were little finger lights for kids. Laurie suggested I get them from Dollar General. They are actually blue but they look purple so they worked great. They only came in packages with 1 blue, 1 red, 1 green so guess who got all the rest of them!! The kids just loved them. Also that backdrop is all foam not wood. I told you she was amazing!!  

Off to work now! Running late as always!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment