My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, November 12, 2012

Who loves wine???

Today Darla asked me if I feel lost yet with all the wedding festivities over?? The truth is NO because I am still doing stuff that has to do with it. I finally got all my pictures sorted and uploaded to Walgreen's from the bridal shower & bachelorette party. I got 2 cute photo albums for gifts so it worked out great for those pics. We received many great gifts from our family & friends. Here are just a few items we got hooked up with.

Both of these came from my brother Andrew and his girlfriend Rabecca.
Amazing! I started crying when I opened it and saw the photo album. Just too sweet and personal. Who doesn't love personalized gifts. I have always secretly wanted an antler wine rack. 2 of my favorite gifts we received. Thanks!! We definitely have enough wine to keep it stocked for the next 2 years. It is amazing how many bottles of wine we received. Rhett doesn't even drink it so I get to enjoy every bit of it. I told Erin & Meg (after Roxy is born) we will have a huge wine party! We might get a little crazy! We might have to invite more people than just the 3 of us! My parents gave us a personalized bottle of wine. That bottle will not be opened for a long time. Maybe on our 25th anniversary. 



An interesting and neat item we got is a WiltonArmetale serving dish. I had never even heard of this type of serveware before so I googled it and found some info. Their is a large variety to choose from on the website & this is the piece we have. It seems heavy duty and says you can put on grill, stove, in oven, or freezer. I am very much looking forward to using this dish a lot when I cook. (which I have been lacking in that department lately) Rhett said the other night "yah I heard that happens when you get married." Tomorrow he will be home from Missouri from hunting so I am planning to make a nice supper. Thank you so much Dan & Kay Nurnberger for this gift.




Lots of fun things decorative antler S, book with stories about married couples, food grinder that will attach to my kitchen aid mixer. I know this is probably sickening but we also received towels, Christmas decorations, frames, utensils, sheet set, casserole dishes, place mats, cookie sheet, camo tumblers, and $

I guess when you wait almost 12 years to get married you accumulate a lot of generous, amazing, & giving people. We are so thankful for everything. I very much enjoyed opening all the cards because I am a huge card person. I love giving greeting cards and receiving them. I always take my sweet time when picking out a card for an individual. Today I actually bought 2-both for babies. On Sunday I have a christening & baby shower. We had a few doubles & triples but for the most part all the cards were different. Holy moly we got a lot of cards. It took about 3 different evenings to go through them all. Rhett was watching his t.v. while I sat  on the couch opening them. Some I would read aloud, others I would pass over for him to look at. I recognized the handwriting on my Moms so I saved it for last. The one my long time sweet friend Leha gave us made me cry! See a trend here.....I can't imagine what is going to be like when I have children. On the front it reads

When good things happen to good people, everything's right with the world.

I don't know why this one got to me so much but it probably has a little bit to do with the fact that we have been friends forever. ( We used to make play dough when we were little kiddos) Haha!! Even though we don't see each other often it doesn't matter. Their are just some people that even if has been 1 year or 1 day it stays the same. So happy she & her husband could make the reception. Love you 2! 

The cutest one by far has a picture of a sign that says "Lovers Lane" (a green sign like what you would see an an interstate) Then it says "First came hugs, then came kisses.....now you'll be known as Mr and Mrs. So cute! Thanks Ms. Darla! I just knew it was from someone special before I even knew who it came from. 

I could honestly go on & on forever about all the sweet cards but then we would be here a long time. I had a wonderful 4 day weekend spending every moment with my family. Went shopping, to the movies, out to eat, to my Dad's football game and spent time catching up on my t.v. shows. Back to work tomorrow! Already looking forward to Friday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment