My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Rewind Time

Since I never finished up discussing how our wedding evening went lets rewind back 41 days to Oct 6th. After the ceremony our guests headed back to the convention center while Rhett & I got a few more pictures at the Thorncrown Chapel. We had limited time and a portion of that went to family pictures and a whole group shot. I know I already shared this picture but it is too fun so I must show again. This really makes me smile! Justin looks like he is getting ready to do a cartwheel.
 
Everything went well at our mini reception. I think Jaimee spoke a little and then was the one who announced us before we walked in. So sad I already can't remember these little details. I thanked everyone for coming (twice). Jason didn't have the video camera on so I started over so we could catch it on tape. Haha!! Our meal was very nice but I hardly ate anything. Someone even saved a few pigs n blanket for us.  Why is that??? I didn't even eat lunch I should have been starving. I did make a point of eating some cake though. Yum yum it was so good. I was extremely happy with the cake. It was very nice to have such a small group of people to visit with. Rhett & I had our sweetheart table where we sat. The small children had a table covered with butcher paper to color on. I gave the kids their goodie bags with lots of fun stuff! Stickers, toys, markers, snacks. That was the best idea ever to give them the gifts at that point because then they were very occupied. After the meal we walked around with the video camera asking for marriage advice from all our guests. That was fun! By about 9 most people had filtered out. It had been a long day so people were tired, had children who were tired, and some had an hour drive back to Branson. I was sad the party was over BUT the guys had a plan up their sleeves. Once I got the zillion buttons undone and my dress was off we headed back to Branson to where we stayed. We changed into comfier clothes and then met back up with Derek & Garrett. We then headed down to the Branson landing in search of a piano bar they heard about. I had never been to a piano bar so I had no idea what to expect. I had a wonderful time. Lots of great music, random drunk people making fools out of themselves dancing, good company, & strong drinks. I swear the one chick looked like she walked out of the movie "Almost Famous". She had the groupie look to her. After each song the pianoist would write something on the huge mirrored wall behind them. At the end of the night Derek went up to the lady and asked her to write something for him.
 
Crazy man!!!
 
After we left the piano bar Derek thought it would be fun to climb up this statue by the parking lot.
It is difficult to tell but that is actually kinda high up. I have no clue how he even got up there. More craziness!!
 
By this time it was around 1:30/2 am so we were getting hungry. Not too many places to eat at this time of the morning...it was Taco Bell or Denny's. I think Denny's won by a land slide!
 

We had such a wonderful time!
 
I am so thankful we went out to have a little fun because I really did not want our day to end at 9 pm.
 
The next day we slept all day and just lounged around the bed & breakfast. We met my family for lunch at our favorite place to eat. The Big Guitar!!! So yummy!
 

 
We stayed over night again and spent the evening going to the imax theatre & playing mini golf in fluorescent lights. If you have children and go to Branson I highly reccomend it bc the kids would love it! Our trip home was uneventful-Rhett drove while I slept. It was a wonderful wedding weekend!!!
 
Here is the link to view our wedding photos. I just received it yesterday so excited to be able to share it with everyone.
 
 
password is SimpsonSR
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment