My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

All Things Baby

LOVE HER!
 
If you've been living under a rock & haven't heard..... I am getting a new niece in less than 2 months. January 10th 2013 is the due date. ( I think thats right) In the Simpson family we already have 11 nieces & nephews ranging from age 13 to 1. Never a dull moment EVER! Rhett is now the only one of his siblings who does not have a child or one on the way. Imagine the pressure. Haha!! Lets break it down for each family.

Jeremy is the eldest and he has 5 children
Erin is next she has 4 children
Rhett------3 furry children
Meghan is currently pregnant
Luke is the youngest and has 2 children
 
On Sunday we held Meghan's baby shower for sweet little Roxy.
 

 
Erin made the invites. So cute!
Everything with the shower turned out great. Erin, Elizabeth & Jenny (Meg's good friends) Brooke, Madison, & I had a lot of fun planning and decorating for it. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Elizabeth brought a pinata for the kids, we played pin the mustache on the baby with a picture of a kid created by merging Jason & Meghan's pictures together. We had delicious food-chicken salad, mini corn dogs, pizza rolls, many dips with chips & crackers, lots of appetizers. Cupcake centerpieces, goey butter cake, cherry delight. I made the punch and used a new recipe which turned out to be yummy! So easy too because you can make ahead of time and then just pull out of freezer. One day Rhett said what in the world is all this red stuff taking space up in the freezer??
 
                                                  
 
Luscious Slush Punch
 
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 8 Hours 20 Minutes
Servings: 50
"A fruity concoction is frozen into a slush and then placed in a punch bowl with carbonated beverage. Makes enough for 2 punch bowls."
Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
6 cups water
2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry
flavored Jell-O® mix
1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 quart orange juice
2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored
carbonated beverage
Directions:
1.Bring the sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture into 2 separate containers and freeze.
2.Combine the contents of 1 container with 1 bottle of the lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage in a punch bowl; stir until slushy. Repeat with remaining portions as needed.

Erin made cute decorations out of baby gourds.




She also painted this adorable picture and everyone stamped their fingerprints on it.When she sent me the picture via text I think my exact words were, "I can't wait to get pregnant so you can make me one of these with a baby deer." Such a cute idea!
 

 
I got together some baby pictures of both Meghan & Jason. Thank you Sunny & Margaret for helping me out with that! I also found this cute idea on pinterest. The picture sucks but you get the idea. Thank you Jenny, Erin, & Jaimee for contributing outfits to hang too. So many cute baby girl clothes!!
 

One thing I was extremely excited about was the diaper motorcyle I made. Jason is into motorcycles so I thought it to be fitting. I found this idea on pinterest as well. I watched the you tube video and it was easy as could be. We had a little mishap one night when Drake snuck into the bedroom knocked the cycle over and stole the elephant but I got it back quickly. I used 1 package of 36 diapers to make it. If you have an upcoming baby shower I highly suggest making one. So easy, cute, and can be used as decoration too.
I don't have a front view but the bib on front says Auntie's cupcake. The back bib says Grandma Love me.
 
 

 
Meghan & Jason received many wonderful gifts from friends and family. I am so looking forward to the moment when little Roxy arrives next year. I am getting very excited and can't wait to spoil & love her to bits. She has a wonderful family waiting for her. I know Meghan & Jason are going to be great parents! Meghan & I have always said we must have our kids close together so they have cousins close in age. Everyone else is pretty well done except for us so who knows what the future holds!!!
 

Erin & I with our mustachio & unibrow 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment